Will Islam ever lose a fight again?

Chalky White

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He has won 12 consecutive fights, only being challenged in recent years by #1 p4p Volk(who had a bunch of advantages) and a little by rising star Arman.

Out of those 12 fights, 7 were dominant finishes, too.

After passing his biggest challenge last night(while having a horrible weight cut and beating the #1 p4p in his home country), I can’t really picture him losing a fight again. I expect him to retire on top.

What about you?

He has won 12 consecutive fights, only being challenged in recent years by #1 p4p Volk(who had a bunch of advantages) and a little by rising star Arman.

Out of those 12 fights, 7 were dominant finishes, too.

After passing his biggest challenge last night(while having a horrible weight cut and beating the #1 p4p in his home country), I can’t really picture him losing a fight again. I expect him to retire on top.

What about you?

Are you a bot?

Who knows, any man can lose on a given night.

But he just fought the p4p #1 fighter in the world in his own backyard, with less time to rehydrate than normal. It can't get much harder than that.
And this is after Islam had just beaten Oliveria, who is the cream of the crop at LW.

He still has some challenges ahead. To break or even the winning streak record is a very difficult task. Even if most of those wins are from non ranked lower level comp like Makachev's.

Even if these last 2 fights would be the best opponents he's ever faced, I don't think that means he'll coast through worse opponents in the future.

I think there's a bit of randomness and "sooner or later" anyone will lose given enough high level fights. Especially if you consider fighters will have to fight through an injury or a cold once in a while.

And this fight was close. Volk won 2 rounds, rocked Islam twice, and the 4th was close. If Islam had just slipped once during the 4th, he could've lost the fight.

Last edited:
Likelihood says yes. He may be as good as Khabib was but crucially he is nowhere near as durable as Khabib was, and his cardio isn't quite at the same level.

Khabib could walk through bombs all night to close the distance. Islam can't take those same chances because he can get chin checked.

Khabib had moments in fights where a guy with average durability might have been finished, Islam has only had 2 of those and one of those times he was dropped and finished the round getting beaten up and hanging on from the bottom, and the other he was KOed.

Big Islam fan, but as others have pointed out, his chin may well be his down fall.. Can he go on to beat LW title defences? Definitely, but it’ll require him to not get caught, esp against someone like a Fiziev.. Big IF

Yeah he absolutely will lose. He can get 1 punch KOed which means his opponent has a chance even if they're far less skilled. Also in the later rounds a couple of times he looked like he was starting to break, kept looking at the clock.
He's an amazing fighter and can be a great champ but he just doesn't have that invincibility that Khabib had.

Don’t forget that he was fighting with Syria and Turkey on his mind. Everything was going against Islam in this fight and he still beat the #1 p4p fighter, a guy that used to walk around at 220lbs.

There's always a punchers chance, but other than that, nah

Don’t forget that he was fighting with Syria and Turkey on his mind. Everything was going against Islam in this fight and he still beat the #1 p4p fighter, a guy that used to walk around at 220lbs.
also don't forget making excuses for grown men is weird and creepy

Back