Will they ever throw the kick again?.

Uke

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Chris and Conor coming back next year... Do they dare?

Dunno. It’s a strike that can cause damage. But it can also hurt the thrower more than the target. If you stop doing something like that because you’re afraid of getting hurt. You probably won’t be nearly as effective.

Aldo is literally not the same fighter without his leg kicks.

But, if you’re asking me about their mental position on it.. I can’t answer that.

Conor injured himself against Diaz with leg kicks. Then loses to Dustin.. And the leg kicks absorbed was the number 1 excuse. But that clown has an ego bigger than the sun. So he comes into the trilogy throwing blind full power leg kicks. A horrible strategy, and absolutely why his leg got broken.

If you’re worried about a previous injury like that. You shouldn’t even be fighting anymore, imo. But, it is obviously a mental hurdle for many athletes.

Like Joanna. She broke her hand two fights in a row. It was pretty obvious to me that she never threw with the same power after that. Which of course is best for your own longevity. But can clearly have an effect on your overall performance.

To be fair, when Conor was at his best he was never throwing leg kicks, but then again he's twice the size now.

It's probably a bad idea for him to be throwing leg kicks these days anyways, most of his potential matchups can take him down, unless he fights Dan Hooker or Tony. I'm not sure he's even going to fight again anyway. Probably a bad idea for him.

I imagine if he comes back for one big fight, he won't have to worry about legs kicks too much, because he will be given a tailor made opponent to destroy, probably Tony.

Do they all get a titanium rod in it? that could help with the mental side of things, i think they both will give it a try.

Bellator prelim guy broke his leg just like Weidman last weekend.

I would be surprised if Conor isn't taking GH to make his bones stronger since it's fairly easy to pass on drug tests. Kicks are a very important part of his arsenal.

I would be surprised if Conor isn't taking GH to make his bones stronger since it's fairly easy to pass on drug tests.

Which "drug tests" are you referring to?

LBBOum3.png

If they can comeback mentally confident, 99% without worry about the possibility of a reoccurring injury, I don’t see why not... the key being the amount of time and reps devoted post rehabilitation, or more specifically being able to throw kicks in practice with wreckless abandon, gaining back the trust within their own body/leg/mind. If they’ve been able to get to that point, they should be able to throw kicks during a fight with the same confidence as before the injury.

That being said, I think that Conrad has a higher probability of being able to bounce back, particularly due to age and lack of complications during the healing process.

The Chris, I’m not too sure about, TBH I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back for one fight, looking extremely tentative in every aspect of the fight and calls it a career. I honestly hope I’m 100% wrong about that and Weidman comes back looking like he’s got a chance at stringing together a few wins for one last run at gold.

GIF-McGregor-Broken-Ankle.gif

Conor kinda stepped weird. Didn't throw kick in that sequence.

Back