With Dana's announcement for 297-299, it leaves few options for UFC 300

Will Conor McGregor headline UFC 300?

• Total voters

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, with Dana White announcing the main-events of UFC 297, 298, & 299, it leaves few options open for UFC 300.

297: Strickland VS DDP [MW Championship]
298: Volk VS Topuria [FW Championship]
299: O'Malley VS Vera [BW Championship]

For the record, 296 will be Edwards VS Covington for the WW Championship,
and 295 will feature the LHW Championship fight between Alex and Jiri.

UFC 300 will be around April, which coincides with Ramadan. I don't think we will get Islam on the card defending his LW Championship. Ramadan ends first week of April, according to Google. Means no training during that time. Islam probably won't be available till end of May, earliest. Likely middle of the year.

Jones is out along with the HW Championship till about the middle of the year as well, with Pec surgery.

So, what does that leave us with ?

Pantoja defending the Flyweight title in the main-event of UFC 300? HAH. Just kidding.

Seems like it's going to be Conor McGregor headlining the event.
All signs pointing towards that. Possibly a BMF Title fight with Gaethje. Yea, seems weird that the main-event would be a gimmick belt. I just don't see what fight could be bigger than that, given the circumstances.

Another possibility, is that Ronda Rousey will be returning for the event. There were some rumors earlier, and the Women's BW belt is still Vacant after Amana Nunes vacated it. There are some rumors for a Rocky VS Bueno Silva title fight at UFC 297. Perhaps a return VS the winner could be an option, for Ronda.

The LHW championship could be up for grabs as well. If Pereira wins against Jiri, we could see him fight against Jamahal Hill... in an angle where he's avenging the loss of his mentor. Hardly a big fight feel to it though.

Last but not least, another booking concerning Conor... could be a trilogy fight against Nate Diaz. With USADA out the window, Nate would be able to return without the 6 months testing.

I could see UFC putting up an interim title for the 155 division, for namesake... If Islam is going to be out till middle of the year. Poirier? Chandler ? Oliveira? Lots of big names in that division.

Winner of Strickland VS DDP, to defend against Khamzat as one of the fights on the card? Perhaps.

What do you guys think about UFC 300?

Maybe I'm being a glass half empty guy, but I have a feeling that 300 isn't going to be anything spectacular.
At this point it might take a Brock Lesnar return to make it spectacular.

Could happen... No USADA, and Lesnar is technically under contract with TKO Group which owns UFC as well.

But you're right. It doesn't seem to have any big fight vibe to it.

if 300 is past end of Ramadan I think Islam will fight. Possibly he could even fight WW champ if they wanted to do something bigger.

Conor/Chandler
Islam/Justin or Charles
WW or LHW whichever wants to turnaround, Colby/Shavkat?
Costa/Khamzat
another good fight, throw Dustin in with someone.

Really shocking that Sean O’Malley being the ultra megastar that he is isn’t headlining 300

I think it’s apparent they’re banking on Conor headlining. Probably supported by some lesser title fights and contender fights. I think it will be a good card but maybe not deliver on what people think UFC 300 should be.

if 300 is past end of Ramadan I think Islam will fight. Possibly he could even fight WW champ if they wanted to do something bigger.

Conor/Chandler
Islam/Justin or Charles
WW or LHW whichever wants to turnaround, Colby/Shavkat?
Costa/Khamzat
another good fight, throw Dustin in with someone.
There is no way Makhachev, Rakhmanov, nor Chimaev have a fight camp during Ramadan
They cannot train hard twice a day or waterload while fasting

Pantoja defending the Flyweight title in the main-event of UFC 300? HAH. Just kidding.

{<redford}

OP is good. I think you are right about Conor, tho probably with Chandler.

So, with Dana White announcing the main-events of UFC 297, 298, & 299, it leaves few options open for UFC 300.

297: Strickland VS DDP [MW Championship]
298: Volk VS Topuria [FW Championship]
299: O'Malley VS Vera [BW Championship]

For the record, 296 will be Edwards VS Covington for the WW Championship,
and 295 will feature the LHW Championship fight between Alex and Jiri.

UFC 300 will be around April, which coincides with Ramadan. I don't think we will get Islam on the card defending his LW Championship. Ramadan ends first week of April, according to Google. Means no training during that time. Islam probably won't be available till end of May, earliest. Likely middle of the year.

Jones is out along with the HW Championship till about the middle of the year as well, with Pec surgery.

Seems like it's going to be Conor McGregor headlining the event.
All signs pointing towards that. Possibly a BMF Title fight with Gaethje. Yea, seems weird that the main-event would be a gimmick belt. I just don't see what fight could be bigger than that, given the circumstances.

Another possibility, is that Ronda Rousey will be returning for the event. There were some rumors earlier, and the Women's BW belt is still Vacant after Amana Nunes vacated it. There are some rumors for a Rocky VS Bueno Silva title fight at UFC 297. Perhaps a return VS the winner could be an option, for Ronda.

The LHW championship could be up for grabs as well. If Pereira wins against Jiri, we could see him fight against Jamahal Hill... in an angle where he's avenging the loss of his mentor. Hardly a big fight feel to it though.

Last but not least, another booking concerning Conor... could be a trilogy fight against Nate Diaz. With USADA out the window, Nate would be able to return without the 6 months testing.

I could see UFC putting up an interim title for the 155 division, for namesake... If Islam is going to be out till middle of the year. Poirier? Chandler ? Oliveira? Lots of big names in that division.

Winner of Strickland VS DDP, to defend against Khamzat as one of the fights on the card? Perhaps.

What do you guys think about UFC 300?
Conor vs Justin/ Chandler:
For the interim LW title due to Ramadan.

Ronda Rousey vs Meisha Tate:
For the vacant BW Title

As much as I’m joking, it’s the UFC and I can totally see them making this card with a stacked undercard as it would reel in boatloads of that casual money. We will see..

Back