WMMA Discussion #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happens my prediction is Pennington wins by borenanimous decision, 48-47, 48-47, and 49-46.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOUR NEW CHALLENGER!!
<mma3>

(at least Irene (bae) will be safe, though)

We'll just get that shady official from the recent Karolina fight to scribble on the score cards and declare Aldana the winner.

Länsberg or Egger.

Edit: Nevermind Länsberg is booked, and she said it isn't Egger. Could it be Josiane Nunes?
Josiane was my first guess be a nice banger too.

I don't like Amanda not fighting, not that Aldana had really earned it but an undeserving title fight is better than none. I wonder if Amanda was trying to get Aldana to fight at fw and that was the cancellation factor. I suppose Aldana vs Pennington 2 isn't terrible but it's not exciting either.

No, just no. FFS. This is why 135 is a dead division.
aldana gets spooked when fighting "bigger" names - i'd like to see this rematch if only to see how each fighter has developed since their first outing.
(also nunes needs to fucken retire, she's more lapcat than lioness)
Somebody not good, and her weirdo fans (well, really they’re Kayla Harrison haters) will act like she beat a world beater
kayla's tears during and and after the last larissa fight were delicious and i savoured each drop :D

Hooray for Dancing Stamp Fairtex. War Stamp.

Aldana is great to watch. Pennington has won five in a row. Interested in what Irene has for her this time around. She’s gotta improve against Rocky’s Huggy Bear clinch.

Don’t know what Peña is talking about. I rarely do. Whatever. Move it along please.

Tatiana Suarez was in the crowd at the last event. Here’s hoping she makes healthy return vs. Montana.

Andy Nguyen in bare knuckle tonight free on YouTube.

Anyone with info / insight on the LFA fighters Saturday on fight pass? There’s 3 fights.

All these semi-announcements and rumors of fights that aren’t fully certain. It’s tiresome lol.

I’ll believe a fight is on when it’s like Stevie Wonder sang. Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

Name. Image. Likeness.

Basically she is a college athlete sponsored by the UFC.

And they may start doing the same for other wrestlers who have fighting aspirations
This is just speculation but I think it may be more than just normal NIL stuff. They were talking like this is a Dern type deal. Welcoming her into the UFC family and stuff. So after college she might then be like Dern where she fights in small shows but the UFC pays her until she is ready. This does mean 135 is not going anywhere.

This is just speculation but I think it may be more than just normal NIL stuff. They were talking like this is a Dern type deal. Welcoming her into the UFC family and stuff. So after college she might then be like Dern where she fights in small shows but the UFC pays her until she is ready. This does mean 135 is not going anywhere.

4-5 years is a long time in the MMA world. If the UFC doesn't get serious with building 135 right now there won't be a viable 135 division by the time Bella graduates from college.

What on earth is NIL?

Name, Image Likeness.

Literally, it means "name, image, and likeness," and refers to college athletes' ability to profit off themselves. NIL gives players the right to publicity that ordinary citizens already have, but that the NCAA previously didn't allow.

Previously - say, back when I was in college - the NCAA did not allow athletes to do shit that made money except during the off-season. For once our shitty-ass legal system did not roll over for a major corporation and ruled that athletes can market themselves. So by allowing the UFC to use her NIL she gets paid for it which is actually a great deal compared to how things used to be. I am glad to see things changing for the better for collegiate athletes.

I hope she is getting something worthwhile.

I would've preferred Chandler vs Josiane Nunes, and Fairn vs Wolf instead. But Josiane Nunes' recent win, Chandler vs Wolf, and Dumont vs Rosa means Amanda Nunes better get a bantamweight defense under her belt (lol) soon, cause she'll have a Featherweight challenger pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back