WMMA Discussion #29

I remember her last fight people saying the UFC was trying to give her a missmatch. Like I said then she is not good enough to have missmatches in the UFC. I am a fan because she usually give her all in fights but she has huge clear holes in her game. All I do is look at where she holds her training camps and can tell no improvements will be made. This last one she trained a good portion of it with Cindy Dandois and her daughter. Cindy had the same exact problem her career. Time for me to disappear again.

Miller trained for the fight with Dandois? That showed in the "striking", probably job well done then...

And then the Ruiz/Amorim fight was the complete opposite with complete grappling domination, loved that Amorim did not even bother resorting to the always efficient head & arm throw or something early in the 2nd but was confident enough to just quickly improve position from the bottom and pulled guard as a 100% offensive move - that was awesome. Also, she's marketable enough for television, so yay.

Missed the third fight cause the main card was not really worth staying up at weird times after waking up before going to sleep for the world cup most of the week.

ufc picks this week:
- miller v. santos: I had to look up what a "kesa gatame leg americana" was since santos has two of them - and there's no way she's gonna hit that in the UFC. also santos has a split dec loss to jena bishop, who I think trains at alliance (miller's gym) in san diego. miller by sub.

- ruiz v. amorim: speaking of scarf holds - yay montserrat ruiz is back! any excuse to re-watch the cheyanne buys fight really, that shit is always hilarious. on this rewatch I really admired how good ruiz's technique is - plus she's tiny to begin with - short arms for tighter chokes, lower centre of gravity means harder to sweep = killer move. will ruiz hit this on amorim? probably not, but I would squeal with delight if she did. amorim might have a good coach, but I think she rushed into the UFC and will continue to pay for it. ruiz by dec.

- viana v. lucindo: it is impossible to pick a polyana viana fight! impossible!!! lucindo only looked bad against southpaw brogan walker. I honestly have no idea what's gonna happen, so I guess it's viana by sub.
wow i could have not been more wrong <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Should have listened to @Xuh, I actually changed my tap picks after reading his well-reasoned prediction post. Thank you compañero.

ronda-rousey-pillow-face.jpg

At least I can be happy about WMMA bringing home another bonus

F3YNpzNaIAAQ8M4

It's a good thing Anelya has a ground game cause her striking's gone backwards badly since her fight in ONE. She wasn't great to begin with but at least she could throw a decent left straight like most southpaws, but man, she's throwing some of the slowest loopy arm punches I've seen in a while in that fight.

Diana on the other hand doesn't even try to get the fight to the ground even though her striking now consists solely of circling to her right and throwing telegraphed right hands regardless of what her opponent does. She used to know what a pivot was along with using her left hand and kicks from time to time, but now she's even more predictable than a washed up Roy Nelson. She's found a way to keep getting worse & more limited since her fight with Gulfin.

Santos vs. Miller was messy. Miller had the right idea to go hard off the bell and try to throw Santos off her game, but she couldn't get it done and got caught with punches by Santos. Luana needs to work on her boxing, her first 1 or 2 punches are decent, especially her jab, but her form and everything else falls apart badly after the first couple shots.

Anyway, next weekend should be interesting. We'll get to see how the 2 Silva's do with a step up in competition, Andrea Lee is derpy as hell but you still need to be reasonably good to beat her, should be good test for Natalia.

Polyana Viana vs. Iasmin Lucindo. Iasman made Viana appear ineffective. Lucindo passed another test with flying colors. She's only 21 years old. Worked well for positioning then sank in a beautiful arm triangle choke. Certainly got my attention now.

Montserrat Ruiz vs. Jaqueline Amorim. Amorim with the TKO via elbows and punches. Back to the drawing board for Ruiz.

Juliana Miller vs. Luana Santos. This one didn't surprise me. Miller needs to dramatically improver her defense. Santos wasn't surprised that Miller tried to steamroll her straight out of the gate. Moved around a bit like a matador and promptly dispatched Juliana for the TKO.

Three fights three finishes. Lucindo received a well deserved bonus. Overall a fun evening of fights!

LFA this weekend has an interesting fight: alandria rosales (nee brown) is back - currently 3-1, with her only loss to sidney trillo in a very entertaining bout. her other 3 wins are all by sub - appears to be allergic to judges :)

Back