WMMA Discussion #29

Predictable PFL results tonight.

Mokhnatkina by easy submission because Leibrock ain't a grappler, even if she claims otherwise. 7-6 record now I believe, sheesh.

Kolesnyk didn't even bother making weight (did not shave her head this time), she knew she'd be out of there in less than a minute and took whatever money she could. It took only one punch for her to quit.

Pacheco vs Mokhtnakina was my prediction after the first event, and I'm glad it's going to happen. I actually give Mokhtnakina a very good chance at upsetting Pacheco: Her very sharply defined jaw provides her with a good chin, and she's very tricky to deal with on the mat; as she's very good defensively and very sneaky offensively.

Mokhnatkina will be overmatched on the feet, her chin will allow her to take a couple of clean shots before she desperately clinches with Pacheco and subsequently takes her down. Down there it's anyone's game.

Predictable PFL results tonight.

Mokhnatkina by easy submission because Leibrock ain't a grappler, even if she claims otherwise. 7-6 record now I believe, sheesh.

Kolesnyk didn't even bother making weight (did not shave her head this time), she knew she'd be out of there in less than a minute and took whatever money she could. It took only one punch for her to quit.

Pacheco vs Mokhtnakina was my prediction after the first event, and I'm glad it's going to happen. I actually give Mokhtnakina a very good chance at upsetting Pacheco: Her very sharply defined jaw provides her with a good chin, and she's very tricky to deal with on the mat; as she's very good defensively and very sneaky offensively.

Mokhnatkina will be overmatched on the feet, her chin will allow her to take a couple of clean shots before she desperately clinches with Pacheco and subsequently takes her down. Down there it's anyone's game.
Yeah it took all of 14 seconds for Pacheco. Quick work for Mokhtnakina too. Interesting take on the final. Will definitely watch.

I actually give Mokhtnakina a very good chance at upsetting Pacheco: Her very sharply defined jaw provides her with a good chin,.

They should get you to measure fighter jaws and add it as a vital stat IMO, would revolutionize the understanding of the fight game.
Reach
Degree of Chin Sharpness
Leg Reach
Blood Type

Larissa ko
Marina lay n pray

Zhang ko
Silva ko
Silva sub.
And women sweep the POTNs
Lee and lemons toughness keep me from perfect picks but they both took one sided beatings to survive.

Zang got that POTN
And Silva really could have gotten one it was a slick sub but O'Malley's the bigger dog.

Last edited:
Lemos really is tough as nails, doubt many others if anyone, would have survived the mauling. Utterly impressive from Zhang, and the couple of moments Lemos had kept the fight somewhat interesting as a sporting contest - momentarily. But at the end of the day, stats were absurd. Yay Weili :)

Silvas did well. Was a little bit afraid there gonna be leaning at some point, but luckily that went by fast.

For the people with more grapplin-knowhow… Did it seem like Moroz panicing or was the adjusted position of the choke so bad on the spine she had no choice but to tap with 1 second on the clock?

Something to think about.

QyPlkty.jpg

MU7r9Ix.jpg

Lemos really is tough as nails, doubt many others if anyone, would have survived the mauling. Utterly impressive from Zhang, and the couple of moments Lemos had kept the fight somewhat interesting as a sporting contest - momentarily. But at the end of the day, stats were absurd. Yay Weili :)

Silvas did well. Was a little bit afraid there gonna be leaning at some point, but luckily that went by fast.

For the people with more grapplin-knowhow… Did it seem like Moroz panicing or was the adjusted position of the choke so bad on the spine she had no choice but to tap with 1 second on the clock?
Moroz said on IG she had no idea there was only a second left.

I was absolutely thrilled to see Zhang beat Lemos. Lemos has always been the 115 Cyborg to me; totally reliant on power & athleticism to cover all her technical shortcomings. When faced with someone who was on her level physically, she had very few answers. Weili is probably the most well muscled woman I’ve ever seen in person, she appeared to be thicker than even Karine Silva.
Suarez & Yan would be fun fights, but I believe there is massive gulf in Weili’s well roundedness when compared with them.

The Silva’s both impressed tf out of me. Karine is a bit slow on her feet but she is a true one shot one kill grappler. Natalia had some of the best looking & quickest strikes on the night. I hope to see them both the push they deserve.

Back