WMMA haters reached a new level of stupid last night

All three WMMA fights delivered yesterday. Obviously not on the same level as the top bangers of the night, but far from being the mood killers like Kattar vs Sterling and fucking Bo Nickal on the main card.

It being placed between Max's and Alex's fights was a bummer though.

Last edited:
What percentage of MMA fans would have gladly traded that fight, for a 5 rounder between Arman and Charles.

I bet Arman would smash both of them in 2 minutes.
Anyone who actually enjoys watching fights I would assume.

Though the WMMA fights I have found a way to make them more bearable, pretty good pizza place only 10 minutes away that a 25 minute WMMA co-main event can usually make time for.

All 3 WMMA fights were solid last night

When you take into consideration Sterling v Kattar, and most tubbalard HW fights that get sprinkled around fight night main cards lately, WMMA is definitely leveling up in 2024

Yan going out was crazy
Those Chinese chicks were banging and seemed to really not like each other
Wellei was panick wrestling a bit tho

The fight itself was really good. Just hard to feel any stakes when you aren't really invested in either fighter. Kind of like the upcoming fight with Pantoja vs Erceg. Don't really care about either tbh.

I couldn't believe the number of people shitposting in the PBP thread that Weili's fight was boring. It had one of the most dramatic sequences of events I've ever seen in a fight.

1. Weili smashes Yan and chokes her unconscious.

2. Yan wakes up at the end of the round and goes to her corner, where the commentators think they see the ref giving her illegal smelling salts to resuscitate her.

3. Weili smashes her again in the second round and people were speculating Yan may have been out again, from strikes. Yan wakes up and keeps fighting.

3. Third round, Weili is gassed and Yan takes over. What the fuck? This dominant champion, who may have beaten their opponent twice already tonight, might lose because of the craziest circumstances a fighter could find themselves in.

4. Weili digs deep and find her second wind, taking back the fight and attempting to finish Yan (again) right up until the final bell.

At no point was there laying and praying, or circling without action. This fight almost saw a dominant champion dethroned through the most ridiculous of circumstances, but the champ fought her way back to a dominant win. The story of this fight is objectively one of the craziest, most dramatic stories to ever play out in a fight. And people were complaining like there was no action, no sensational set of circumstances playing out, no incredible display of heart and determination on display... fucking ridiculous.

When you're so determined to hate WMMA that you can't say you're just not into it and have to pretend some completely different fight is happening right in front of your eyes... you've got a fucking problem with reality.

Beauty of watching the next morning is you can skip the WMMA fights and just watch the real professionals

When you take into consideration Sterling v Kattar, and most tubbalard HW fights that get sprinkled around fight night main cards lately, WMMA is definitely leveling up in 2024

It's fighter dependent. Strawweight is typically an action packed division and Wei Li's never had a boring fight. The UFC does like to fill Apex prelims with low level women's bantamweight fights though. They picked the right fighters for this card.

The fight was sloppy and almost absurd how gassed a champion was in the 3rd round. Not only that but throwing complete air punches like a mile away. Most championship level fighters would've finished Yan in the catatonic state she was in after the 1st.

It had moments of back and forth, but it felt like even the knockdowns weren't as deadly as other fights. I'm tired of pretending that if you took Weili's skills and put it in a male body that she'd be as unstoppable. Yan just happened to be even more 1 dimensional.

I'm not trying to hate wmma, but there is clearly a different level of skill compared to the men. The technical ability of the champ vs #1 contender was pretty low. JJ and Rose seem like more complete fighters skill wise.
indeed, Yan made the fight entertaining, but it was low level as the "haters" have said.

it can be low level and entertaining, and I'm fine with that. I recall a clinch to takedown by zhang in the middle of the ring, that was essentially a push <lmao>

thankfully, a whole lot of dog in Yan, I'm a fan

I don’t think the fight was bad by any means; but it lacked the star power and crazy excitement that Max-Gaethje had, and was on the card just prior to the main event which led to a bit of adrenaline dump for me as a viewer.

When you take into consideration Sterling v Kattar, and most tubbalard HW fights that get sprinkled around fight night main cards lately, WMMA is definitely leveling up in 2024'
Sterlings fighting a real live dog who could KO him. That by default makes it better than any WMMA fight in history.

It's like going to the drag races watching some amazing races, only for them to bring out a couple honda civics to go at it. That's literally what WMMA is, especially on a card like 300.

Back