WMMA haters reached a new level of stupid last night

I'm still catching up on this thread, but my impressions of the first page: You can pick whatever logic you like to criticize, but it's pretty damning to your argument, all the people who keep conflating 'exciting' with 'skilled.'

I don’t think the word "objectively" means what you think it means, because you're clearly not being objective at all. Or you just didn't watch it.

Objectively, the last round sucked, and left a bad impression on an otherwise good fight.
I admit I didn't watch most of it, and I actually don't give a shit if it was a "good fight"... a couple of bums at the local pub could also have a "good fight", but I still don't care for it and I certainly wouldn't wanna see it on a UFC card that claims to feature the world's best fighters.

The point is their skill level is 10 levels below that of the weakest male on the roster... it simply doesn't belong on these events.

If they wanna have an all female event so that you simps can jerk off to it when it's on, I would have no problem with it.

But I do have a problem with them shoving it down our throat and making us stay up until 2:00 am because an hour and a half of the program gets eaten up by fights I don't care about, and have no business being there.

Now it's logically impossible to not enjoy WMMA, interesting new narrative!

That's part of why I avoid most of it because the fans are insufferable. They can't cope with people not liking what they like and rant about how that shouldn't be allowed.

I like stats.

If you're looking at raw output, Zhang just on her own threw the exact same mount of significant strikes by the start of round 3 as Moreno and Royval had thrown total. So, just their normal strikes. Their sig strikes combined were 4 less than Zhang's on her own. And their fight wasn't really high paced. Moreno was mostly doing nothing. Zhang was going hard from the start and there was a fair bit of wrestling mixed in against a bigger, stronger opponent. Moreno and Royval wasn't much wrestling.

Zhang only landed around 50 less strikes over 5 rounds than those two combined.

And you gotta remember, there were no extended GNP moments in that ROyval/Moreno fight like there was with Zhang/Yan. Zhang was absolutely unloading on Yan, trying to get that finish. It was nearing 30 unanswered hard shots. That's gonna sap anyone.

Looking at stats from Suga's fights, and it's mostly the same thing. He wasn't usually putting out those numbers by round 3, and there wasn't any massive moments where he just went all out of the finish.
That's very interesting, thanks for looking into it, I've been popping on/off sherdog as distraction while doing work. Those are totally fair comparisons, but also which lighter weight male gassed like that in championship fights? Maybe Zhang sprinted and front loaded output. I am only going off my own impressions from watching the fight on my couch without numbers. I'm shocked that Zhang had a higher output than male champs absolutely.

Im watching all the post ufc 300 reactions and nobody gives a flying fuck about the Weili fight. They either don't mention it or just gloss over it.

For some reason a lot of the "put a chick in it and make it lame and gay" crowd ended up on sherdog.

That's very interesting, thanks for looking into it, I've been popping on/off sherdog as distraction while doing work. Those are totally fair comparisons, but also which lighter weight male gassed like that in championship fights? Maybe Zhang sprinted and front loaded output. I am only going off my own impressions from watching the fight on my couch without numbers. I'm shocked that Zhang had a higher output than male champs absolutely.

The male lower weight champs aren't usually gassed like that because they just don't go all out that early like Zhang did. She def sprinted with that GNP. I don't really blame her. That could have easily been stopped but it just kept going and going. She had to think that she was just a few shots away from the finish.

Only real fight I can think where a champ fighter gassed hard like that was Pantoja when he beat Moreno for the belt. Dude came out like an absolute madman. Wasn't throwing as much as Zhang did, but he was still going off hard. Gassed as shit within 2 rounds but he can be gassed and still hit tds and fight effectively. Pantoja an animal though.

And yeh, Zhang's output was wild in terms of sig strikes, which are obviously the bigger ones.

it doesn't surprise me at all that Zhang and other girls have higher output that male champs, to be honest. A lot of WMMA fighters just don't have lots of finishing power. I don't think the girls are as afraid of being hit as the males for this reason. The males hit and hurt each other way easier so they have to be careful.

Like, Rosa and Aldana are two girls who actually do have hurting power, and they both threw more sig strikes combined in their first round than Zhang did over 5 against Yan. They increased it every round as well lol.

But yeh, lots of WMMA like that where they don't have the power and just batter each other for huge strike counts because they can. You should see this girl in ONE's muay thai at the moment called the Octopus. This girl throws more strikes in the first 3 min round than there's probably ever been in a 5 round male fight, and she just ups the count each round lol. The girl is nuts to watch. 50 hit combos are nothing to this girl. A couple of times she almost threw a full round long combo haha.

Now it's logically impossible to not enjoy WMMA, interesting new narrative!

That's part of why I avoid most of it because the fans are insufferable. They can't cope with people not liking what they like and rant about how that shouldn't be allowed.

Why on earth would you avoid something because other fans don't like it? That is silly, bro.

Reddit comment.

People not watching women sports doesn’t imply any misogyny of any kind, or 90% of the world would be misogynist, including almost all of the women.

My comment was not about people not watching women's sports.

He-Man-Woman-Haters-Club-Report.jpg

lol awesome reference

Well, being old as fuck I remember watching it in black and white. ;)

It was a shit show! That fight blew chunks all over the card. The Champ shit the bed and gassed herself out after the choke attempts. She was flopping around like a half dead blowfish. Wall and stalling and drooling all over the girl in white. Falling down every hit on the feet. Embarrassing everyone with those lame off her back heel kicks and grunting like Gengis Khan. It was painful to watch.

Zwang is capable of more. She forgot her red ass kicking panties at home last night.

Ref should have stopped the fight . Got Max in there to point to the center of the cage and scream at them " Listen up Tita's, You two are the co-main of ufc 300 . QUIT THE HORSEHIT AND GET OVER HERE AND FIGHT!. "

I admit I didn't watch most of it, and I actually don't give a shit if it was a "good fight"... a couple of bums at the local pub could also have a "good fight", but I still don't care for it and I certainly wouldn't wanna see it on a UFC card that claims to feature the world's best fighters.

The point is their skill level is 10 levels below that of the weakest male on the roster... it simply doesn't belong on these events.

If they wanna have an all female event so that you simps can jerk off to it when it's on, I would have no problem with it.

But I do have a problem with them shoving it down our throat and making us stay up until 2:00 am because an hour and a half of the program gets eaten up by fights I don't care about, and have no business being there.
So you didn't watch it. Yet talk about their skill level. Ok.

So you didn't watch it. Yet talk about their skill level. Ok.
I have watched enough WMMA fights in the past to know what their skill level is.

How many NFL fans do you think watch female football leagues? What percentage of NHL fans you suppose are following chick hockey?

This is not a thing in any other sport because other sports understand this basic fact. Only certain MMA fans somehow have a problem with this, just weird. Yes they’re many levels below and if you can’t see or acknowledge it you’re either very dishonest or very stupid.

I couldn't believe the number of people shitposting in the PBP thread that Weili's fight was boring. It had one of the most dramatic sequences of events I've ever seen in a fight.

1. Weili smashes Yan and chokes her unconscious.

2. Yan wakes up at the end of the round and goes to her corner, where the commentators think they see the ref giving her illegal smelling salts to resuscitate her.

3. Weili smashes her again in the second round and people were speculating Yan may have been out again, from strikes. Yan wakes up and keeps fighting.

3. Third round, Weili is gassed and Yan takes over. What the fuck? This dominant champion, who may have beaten their opponent twice already tonight, might lose because of the craziest circumstances a fighter could find themselves in.

4. Weili digs deep and find her second wind, taking back the fight and attempting to finish Yan (again) right up until the final bell.

At no point was there laying and praying, or circling without action. This fight almost saw a dominant champion dethroned through the most ridiculous of circumstances, but the champ fought her way back to a dominant win. The story of this fight is objectively one of the craziest, most dramatic stories to ever play out in a fight. And people were complaining like there was no action, no sensational set of circumstances playing out, no incredible display of heart and determination on display... fucking ridiculous.

When you're so determined to hate WMMA that you can't say you're just not into it and have to pretend some completely different fight is happening right in front of your eyes... you've got a fucking problem with reality.

That was a tremendous show of heart by both women, and the WMMA haters always reach a new low lol

Back