Woodley vs Lawler 2 is the fight to make

I don't care what Woodley is "ranked." He is a fighter that won't fight, that should get him ranked right out of the sport.

I can't see the point of putting two tentative fighters with huge power against each other. Get ready for 15 minutes of circling. Lewis vs. Ngannou Pt.2.

If Woodley is still going to fight he needs to be matched up against someone like Luque, Neko Price, Nate or even Matt Brown that will bring the action to him and leave him no choice but to engage.

Or better yet retire. Mentally Woodley is done. At 38 and having flunked a headliner during Covid, I can't see him getting his motivation back.
I agree completely but I do think rankings matter and while Woodley is ranked highly he needs to prove it. I think Colby would put the final stamp on Woodley’s retirement.

I'm hoping that Woodley retires. Easily one of my least favorite fighters of all time. Right up there with Rashad, Wonderboy, and Rampage (post 2009). I've never felt that Woodley loves, or even likes, what he does. I think he became a fighter since he was a really good athlete and knew it. Realized he could win a bunch of fights by playing it safe and maximizing his gifts. I'm not knocking his strategy as he avoided much of the damage other fighters took. However, I won't miss him one bit and will quickly forget he existed within the fight world and this is what happens when you play it safe. I hope Lawler retires for different reasons.

Lawler fought like a pussy against Colby but people still think he’s a badass lmao

I dont want woodley to fight anymore, his last fights have been really boring. He has no energy/motivation left in him if he cant stop you in the first round. I also think he has forgot that he can wrestle as well. In fact i rather watch a WMMA fight than watching Woodley fight again. At least then i have something nice to look at.
<Fedor23>

I dont want woodley to fight anymore, his last fights have been really boring. He has no energy/motivation left in him if he cant stop you in the first round. I also think he has forgot that he can wrestle as well. In fact i rather watch a WMMA fight than watching Woodley fight again. At least then i have something nice to look at.
<Fedor23>
But you’ll watch washed up Robbie Lawler embarrassing himself against Colby lol

But you’ll watch washed up Robbie Lawler embarrassing himself against Colby lol
I rather not watch that either (again), but if i had to watch either of them i guess i rather watch lawler. Both should hang it up if you ask me.

Seriously, when the F has the rankings meant shit in this game. I honestly think this is the only fight that makes sense for Woodley. He's in a bad spot. he just got beat down really bad for 5 rounds, but 10 rounds total in his last 2 fights. Burns might've beat him worse than Usman. He looked completely helpless and looked like a deer in headlights. Kinda sad considering how dominate he was.
When he was dominant?
He lost to Shields,
then won against Koscheck and Condit (they have 24 loses combined),
lost to Rory,
KOed Stun gun Kim,
barely squeezed out a split decision against Gastelum,
KO’ed Robbie (14 career loses)
Had a draw with Wonderboy
another majority decision win against Wonderboy
Played it safe against Maia
Wrecked Till (his best win IMO)

And got completely fucked in his last two.

Yeah, but he doesn't look like a top 5 guy in the cage. Lawler vs Woodley is the fight to make.

It's the opposite. Woodley is completely shot. His speed has go down quite a bit. And all he had to offer was his speed because he's not technical striker at all. Without his speed he's nothing. So he's the guy that's completely shot.

Lawler is a lot slower than his prime too, but he at least is a technical boxer and can kick also. He can hang with top 10 guys all day. Yeah, he may not win against most of them, but he's a respectable force still.
Woodley just fought. Should Lawler have to wait months to fight again? Or should Woodley have a quick turnaround now.. This isn't the fight to make right now.

Sure, why not. It's kind of a mean nothing fight, but that's not a bad thing, and it's kind of where these two currently are in their respective careers now anyway.

No they both look so tentative and like punching bags nowadays they need to fight finishers to either throw vicious counters to save their own lives or fall While being punching bags.

Woodley RDA is much more interesting. Besides Robbie has been losing much too often to get a top 10 crack. He just needs a win at this point. Luque 100 percent.

Just no.

How about Tyron and Robbie both retire and instead that fight slot gets filled by guys coming up the ranks who have a chance to become champs.

i get so tired of guys fighting long after there best.

as a fan i have have zero interest in legend fights, or a pensioner's gofundme circuit.

Woodley vs Lawler 2 is the fight to make. Both guys are unfortunately looking flat these days, and both need a win.

Lawler will get his chance at redemption and Woodley needs a fight in the lower rankings to see if he’s still Top 5 material.

As an huge Lawler fan, this sounds like the right time for this fight.
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>
No it isn't

Back