Woodley's chances versus Lawler

I think Woodley has a better shot then most people are giving him. He's got great wrestling though Lawlers TDD has improved DRASTICALLY. And Woodley always has a punchers chance with the flashes of power punches he's shown in the past. I want Lawler to win and think he easily could but if he does lose to Woodley, there's been other fights that still have suprised me WAY more.

Nobody beats Lawler by decision when he's champ, he'd have more chance of cracking his chin, Lawlers been hurt in his last couple of fights not to mention they were wars.

Probably as good a chance as Lawler has of beating Woodley...meaning Lawler is a crap shoot champion and i can easily envision Woodley being the champ, or then again, maybe not.

He's pretty much a budget version of hendricks. So the chance is there if he utilizes a plan like johny's. I think the 2 things to watch for is 1) Woodley fades in fights, how long til lawler can make him crack? 2) as another poster pointed out Lawler's chin is going to catch up to him quick and Tryon has the power to put him to sleep, if he lands something big early I'd expect him to put robbie away

No chance. No care.

Lol Lawler has been going to wars with every top 10 WW. It's not like he's been demolishing them in the first round or anything.

I wouldn't count out Woodley. He's a training partner of Lawler's and from the interviews I've seen so far it appears that he is really confident going into this fight.

Lol Lawler has been going to wars with every top 10 WW. It's not like he's been demolishing them in the first round or anything.
What I've seen from woodley leads me to believe he rather hop over the fence than go to war with anyone

I give him a better chance than I gave Bisping against Rockhold. I think he is going to bring it. I'm not picking him to win but think he will make it a competitive fight.

I hope Woodley wins. There would be so much butthurt around here it would be awesome.

Lawler has to be careful in the early rounds, as Woodley has good power, and his wrestling is very good. Robbie may find himself on his back in the early rounds, but if he can avoid taking too much damage from the bottom, he can break Tyron in the fourth or fifth rounds. Robbie is hard to hold down, and if he can force Tyron to work hard for take downs, his gas tank should be depleted by the championship rounds. By that time, Woodley's take downs wont be as great a factor, and Robbie should be able to apply the pressure and pick up a late stoppage.

Woodley is criminally underrated on here based on two bad fights the shileds debacle and getting ko'd by nate late in the fight because he was gassed. Woodley is scary because his power is "explosive", yes it really is, and he can get the fight to the ground on most guys. He isnt getting Robbie to the ground at least not without eating some bombs. So the question is will tyrons chin withstand robbies punches and knees while he goes for takedowns. idk, but counting Woodley out 100% is very very foolish.

Agreed 110 percent!

But he sort of reminds me of Uriah Hall...all that potential.
His plan SHOULD be getting robbie down. A trade war would be interesting as both can KO each other.
But yeah...i think too many sherdoggers are hyperiders, and dont know any other fighter if they are not hyped. VERY bad mentality to have.

Woodley is talented and probably one of the most gifted athletes in the UFC. But he often likes to fight safe and incredibly boring just to go after the decision against varying levels of competition. He's never had to dig deep in championship rounds. Another ? for Woodley.

I've been watching him since Strikeforce Challengers and hoped he'd put it all together. Despite flashes of excitement, I have some doubts. I really feel like he'd struggle to make the top 10 if it weren't for his athleticism.

fight's hard to call. Robbie's chin is showing early signs of crackage. Woodley hits hard.
I don't see Woodley having much success of getting it to the ground.
I give a huge edge in heart to Robbie.
Robbie's very superior in regards to striking technique.
Woodley's had a lot of time off, which could either lead to ring rust or a genuinely fresh body and mind, which would certainly be an advantage.
Robbie's quite comfortable fighting five round fights and has a lot more experience doing so.

At the end of the day, I think Robbie's beaten better opponents than Woodley himself. So I lean heavily in Robbie's direction. That said, Tyron is live here. He can certainly win this fight, and what makes it a little more interesting for me is the fact that if he does, it's likely due to an early knockout.

I think Robbie's power is too much, his chin still holds up and he puts Tyron away inside of three.

Back