Work shoes for people on their feet all day?

Can they be any type shoe or steel toe? Regardless. Get a good insole.

I wear Justin's steel toed cowboy boots or American made steel toed insulated Red Wings... Maybe my all day work environment is a little different tho...

The originals were great. They had the overmoulding at the toe box to support flex. The next generation didn't. You ended up with sole separation at the balls of your feet. They added weight with insulation, but didn't breath well. Really squeaky on smooth surfaces. They were a notch above Hi-Tec.

Didn't know that. I have an old pair that I use for travel, they're still like new after a huge mileage.

For daily routine I have to stick with Crocs, they are the only comfortable thing that can take blood, reamed bone marrow, plaster and pus and still be easily cleaned.

I am on my feet most of the day.
Brooks Ghost or Glycerin work well.
Lots of my coworkers swear by Hokas.

Not dress shoes sneakers. I go through Asics like crazy. They are OK but they only last a couple months before I need new ones. Im on my feet all day and walk around pretty much the whole time. Anyone have a recommendation?

Get shoes that don't have padding to absorb the world. We were designed to be barefoot. Cushioning robs our bodies ability to adapt to walking properly. So we don't strengthen our stabilizing muscles and work our joints and tendens. I'm all barefoot at home now. All my knee and foot pain left after a few months.

Google barefoot shoes. See the benefits.

Honestly look at what nurses wear.. they are p4p champs at walking indoors..

That's true, it seems like they spend an eternity on their legs. And for now, it looks like they have the hardest work of all time, with all those outbreaks of coronavirus disease. Fortunately a lot of manufacturers care about them as well, and produce nice nursing shoes like right here which I could discover recently. I'm even considering about purchasing of some pairs for my wife for simple outdoor work in our backyard.

Last edited:
New balance 880s. Not a new balance fan but cannot deny these shoes are fucking comfortable. And they last.

Back