Worst MMA stoppage ever?

KoreanZombieFan

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Has to be one of the top 3 worst stoppages ever!

Edit: Can someone emble, thanks

Not top 3, nor was it really a bad stoppage at all.

If you wanna do one on the fence that actually makes no sense, here's Cain and Big Ben as Rothwell is literally standing up as the fight is stopped with no warning of the stoppage coming.

n15xf4.gif

I don't see it.. might even call it a late stoppage.. or is that what you mean?

Weidman's brutalizing of Mark Munoz was pretty bad

Is getting hit 19 times in the face considered a strong fighting strategy where you're from? The fight was clearly over, and the fighter was clearly finished.

there was one earlier in 2015 that was so bad. the guy that had on this half ass choke basically looked at the ref and said his opponent tapped and the ref just stopped it and the guy wasn't in any danger at all the choke wasnt even in. it was in the UFC. craziest shittiest stoppage i seen last year.

Rousey/Holm. Herb should've let that go on for hours.

there was one earlier in 2015 that was so bad. the guy that had on this half ass choke basically looked at the ref and said his opponent tapped and the ref just stopped it and the guy wasn't in any danger at all the choke wasnt even in. it was in the UFC. craziest shittiest stoppage i seen last year.

Danzig/Weidman was like that too. In Yves Lavigne's defense, Danzig was pretty motionless, but that was because he was calmly trying to defend the choke. The look on poor Yves' face after the fight was the definition of a man who knows he's f'd up bad.

Drew Dober vs. Leandro Silva is the one you are referring to...

You ever seen Cecil People's ref before? Fuck take your pick the guy has a whole tribute video of shitty stoppages on YouTube, I'd post ya a link but I'm on mobile

Not the worst but this springs to mind - 2 to 3 shots from Carwin was a big deal

vih5r5.jpg

Generally anything involving Kim Winslow as well.

Special mention to BJ for opting to stop the Sherk fight himself -

2jrw4x.gif

Faber/Barao 2 was terrible

Yep. That one was particularly offensive to me as a Faber fan, but also because Faber is so game that it's entirely possible he could have recovered and put on a great fight after that.

Back