Would Adesanya consider moving up again if Jiri is the champion?

He's pretty much cleared out his division. Looking down the ranks, I don't see anyone who can give him a good fight besides maybe Muniz and of course Periera but his still unranked.

In the meantime, would he entertain the idea of fighting Jiri? He wouldn't have to worry about getting taken down like in the Jan fight.

And How would this fight play out? Who do you think has the advantages and why?

I think at this point he would rather Usman coming up who isn't wrestling as much as earlier in his career

He's pretty much cleared out his division. Looking down the ranks, I don't see anyone who can give him a good fight besides maybe Muniz and of course Periera but his still unranked.

In the meantime, would he entertain the idea of fighting Jiri? He wouldn't have to worry about getting taken down like in the Jan fight.

And How would this fight play out? Who do you think has the advantages and why?
That fight would be fun as hell.

Jiri is too weird and dangerous for anyone to fight.

Izzy could test the waters at LHW like Anderson Silva did. Take fun fights if he wants to. I think he moved up against Jan because he felt like GSP did when he fought Bisping. That he was a weak champion who he could take advantage of.

Also, let's not forget the topic of :
How often can he just move up and fight for the belt right away?
I think minimum once every 10 title defences in his own category.

This. Horrible match up for Izzy. A dangerous unpredictable/unorthodox KO striker that Izzy doesn't have a size/height/reach advantage over. That's not the fight he will take to move up to LHW again. He'll wait for someone less skilled in striking, with no KO power, and no submissions threat.
Unfortunately Belawl Muhammad isn't a LHW.

Barely lost? What?

He got oustruck in every single round, and outwrestled. It wasn't a one sided beating, but it was a decisive victory.

And this against a guy who in his very next fight, kind of showed why many people were dubious of him as a champ, getting beaten easily by Glover.
You can't just ignore Jan's fights leading up to his title victory over Izzy if you're going to bring up how he lost after.

Nah man adesanya already showed he doesn't have the power to fight at 205.

Is Jiri willing to keep the fight completely standing instead of mixing it up (or take it to the ground and keep it there)?

If so, Izzy has one less thing to worry about out of two of them.

If it turns into a kickboxing match, Izzy has a chance.

If Glover wins UFC 275 for some reason, Izzy should probably skip out since his grappling and wrestling is above what's expected of grapplers in his respective division and can cause trouble.

Both scenarios are doable for Izzy ever since he drastically improved his take down defense.

The power differential against Jan was very obvious. It was obviously bothering Izzy.

I don't think Izzy should get another immediate title shot anyway because people will know that it's about match ups for him.

Why not? He won't get outwrestled by Jiri. It'll be pretty much a stand up war. The more technically sound striker is Adesanya. While Jiri is very unorthodox.

It would be a very interesting striking battle, I would love to see it.

Back