Would Frankie have beaten Ortega and Zombie if he were in his prime?

He was clearly past his prime in both fights, which was one of the reasons he lost.

I believe the version of Frankie that destroyed Cub would beat both.

His chances would have been better. He relies so much on quickness on his attacks and transitions that let's face it when he got a little slower the best version of him wasn't on display.

I'd pick the prime Frankie against either of them. Frankie is probably an all time top 5 at both FW and LW.

142.gif

But heres a funny forgotten Frankie IG post..

Current frankie may have been KOd by that bucket

Prime Frankie beats them both.

Prime Frankie was great, these guys are just good.

Frankie was several "Evolutions" ahead of most in MMA so what else was he supposed to evolve? He aged and fought for ages against much larger guys.
He is definitely a great fighter, I just think if you were to take Frankie when he was at his best (maybe somewhere around 2013 give or take a year or two), he loses to many top FWs and LWs nowadays.

Didn't you know? Prime version of fighter x can beat fighter y. It's a Sherdog axiom.

Ortega is a Top 5 FW in MMA History

He destroys any version of Frankie

{<jordan}

Is that why we haven't seen him in the cage since Max was whooping his ass so bad he tried to teach him striking defense in the middle of their fight?

DELUSION.

Nah, Frankie fights a young man's style. Like Cruz, the Frankie from 10 years ago was a completely different beast. He'd run circles around Zombie and land enough strikes and TDs to win a decision (and probably aggravate fans with his style). Frankie had no problem taking down a prime Gray Maynard so he'd have no issue taking Zombie down. He had a stronger chin, too.

People don't realize that from WW and below, the oldest champ was only 33 (Cejudo and briefly Matt Hughes before GSP beat him). A slight loss in speed/reflexes is killer and Edgar is nowhere near the fighter he was a decade ago.

I don't think he'd ever just run circles around KZ. Frankie even in his prime had a tendency to eat big shots sometimes and Zombie is a really good counterpuncher and grappler.

Back