Opinion Would George Floyd be alive today, if Derek Chauvin didn't pin his knee to his neck?

Would George Floyd be alive today, if Derek Chauvin didn't pin his knee to his neck?

• Total voters
I think you've made a flimsy case for your argument. Its OK to just say the guy was a waste of flesh and tell your kids thats not someone you want to consider a hero or martyr. If there was a photo of everything wrong with society, it'd be George Floyd.
i’m sorry you’re this passionate about a man you’ve never met who literally isn’t alive anymore. you still haven’t disproven a single thing i’ve said. have a good one.

I think you've made a flimsy case for your argument. Its OK to just say the guy was a waste of flesh and tell your kids thats not someone you want to consider a hero or martyr. If there was a photo of everything wrong with society, it'd be George Floyd.

Even if all of this is true, that doesn't give the Government, in general, and Chauvin, specifically, to execute him without a trial and a jury. It doesn't matter if you are a model citizen or a repeat offender, we all lose when cops like Chauvin decide they can treat any suspect this way.

Even if all of this is true, that doesn't give the Government, in general, and Chauvin, specifically, to execute him without a trial and a jury. It doesn't matter if you are a model citizen or a repeat offender, we all lose when cops like Chauvin decide they can treat any suspect this way.
Then you focus on whats wrong with THEM, not pretend the piece of turd who died was righteous.

plenty of martyrs who have been given the title posthumously when their death spurred change for an important cause.

plenty of people remembered as martyrs who died from poor treatment due to their battle with AIDS. there are plenty of victims of hate crimes who became martyrs for civil rights causes. i’m not surprised this is news to you.

noun
  1. a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.
    "saints, martyrs, and witnesses to the faith"
verb
  1. kill (someone) because of their beliefs.
    "she was martyred for her faith"
What part of that definition applies to George Floyd? What did he believe in that he was killed for? He was arrested for being a drug addict driving a car, and was unfortunately murdered by a psychopath. What part of this makes him a martyr?

noun
  1. a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.
    "saints, martyrs, and witnesses to the faith"
verb
  1. kill (someone) because of their beliefs.
    "she was martyred for her faith"
What part of that definition applies to George Floyd? What did he believe in that he was killed for? He was arrested for being a drug addict driving a car, and was unfortunately murdered by a psychopath. What part of this makes him a martyr?
there’s more than one definition of martyr and i provided sufficient context for it. if you wanna be the only guy hanging onto this argument, that’s on you.

i’m sorry you’re this passionate about a man you’ve never met who literally isn’t alive anymore. you still haven’t disproven a single thing i’ve said. have a good one.
You have more hate in your heart than anyone here.

You have more hate in your heart than anyone here.
you might be right about that. nonetheless, vehement hatred for government-funded murderers and rapists feels okay to me.

there’s more than one definition of martyr and i provided sufficient context for it. if you wanna be the only guy hanging onto this argument, that’s on you.

Provide me a definition of martyr from a reputable source that fits with George Floyd or admit you were wrong. You've been arguing this with me all day, and now you want to pretend like I'm petty because you're wrong.

George Floyd was not a martyr.

Provide me a definition of martyr from a reputable source that fits with George Floyd or admit you were wrong. You've been arguing this with me all day, and now you want to pretend like I'm petty because you're wrong.

George Floyd was not a martyr.
i already did. keep up or mind your own business.

i already did. keep up or mind your own business.

You provided a Wikipedia article (lol) that stated martyrdom requires death for a political cause, and were subsequently reminded that Floyd did not die for a political cause.

You're wrong. It's not a big deal, but you're wrong.

You provided a Wikipedia article (lol) that stated martyrdom requires death for a political cause, and were subsequently reminded that Floyd did not die for a political cause.

You're wrong. It's not a big deal, but you're wrong.
<YeahOKJen>

Argue with me all day about the definition of martyr.

Lose argument.

Insist I'm petty for arguing same point.

Passive aggressive gif.

Way to take the high road, dude.
seano: george floyd shouldn’t be your hero

me: he’s not anyone’s hero, if anything, he’s a martyr.

you: OH HE’S A MARTYR?! lemme tell you what a martyr is. post a 5-page essay with works cited on the topic of martyrdom ONLY relating to george floyd or i win this argument.

there’s no high road you’re just a fucking dork, dude, i just don’t wanna interact with you <Lmaoo>

seano: george floyd shouldn’t be your hero

me: he’s not anyone’s hero, if anything, he’s a martyr.

you: OH HE’S A MARTYR?! lemme tell you what a martyr is. post a 5-page essay with works cited on the topic of martyrdom ONLY relating to george floyd or i win this argument.

there’s no high road you’re just a fucking dork, dude, i just don’t wanna interact with you <Lmaoo>

I can't believe you're still doing this. It would have been so much less embarassing if you'd have just admitted that you were misinformed about what a martyr is. You argued this exact point all day and now you're insulting me for arguing it. You have completely abandoned your claim and have switched to calling me names for arguing the exact thing you were

You didn't say "if anything he's a martyr". You stated, matter of factly, that he is a martyr. And now you're trying to walk it back while also pretending that you don't care.

You were wrong, which is totally fine, but the way you've handled being wrong is truly pathetic. Be a man and say you were wrong.

If he were still alive there's a good chance he would be unvaccinated. If he were killed by police brutality due to trying to enter a restaurant without his papers rather than counterfeit money or whatever it was, his death would be condoned or even celebrated by liberals today imo.

what is the life expectancy of a known drug dealing drug using career criminal?

Then you focus on whats wrong with THEM, not pretend the piece of turd who died was righteous.

I’m not pretending anything. I am however acting like a descent human being and showing some respect for a guy who was murdered. Maybe you should try that.

Back