Would Islam Makhachev have finished Dariush as quickly as Oliveira did?

Which Round would Islam have finished Dariush like Oliveira did?

• Total voters
No.

But Islam finished Oliveira pretty quick so who the hell cares.
Oliveira and Dariush are different people. Beating one doesn’t mean you beat them both. We probably won’t see Islam-Beneil so the question is worth asking.

His life / career earnings will be forever changed by Volk getting a YOLO title shot, despite a clear #1 contender on an 8 fight streak.

These guys get paid in a winner take all system, not to mention the exposure that comes with fighting for a world title. I'm a big fan of both Do Bronx and Dariush, but feel really bad for the guy. He got screwed over by the UFC.
Did you mention this before his beating?

Islam beats both Dariush and Charles, but Islam will have a more challenging time against Dariush.

Islam may not win impressively but he’ll beat most guys, and that’s what makes him champ.

Didn't Oliveira get taken down and beaten on before getting back up and finishing on the feet? I think Islam could beat Benny more dominantly even if it were to go all 5 rounds, and that is more important than how fast he beats him.

I think Islam's standup is being underrated. Although he wouldn't finish Dariush as quickly I do believe he'd show his own version of superior striking against Dariush. Islam seems reasonably educated on the feet from his last few fights, that's with the threat of his grappling opening it up a bit too, obviously.

Doubtful. He has a slow, methodical style. Oliveira looks to end that shit as quickly as possible.

He’s tailor made to give Islam fits. Now we get the opportunity to watch Oliveria get bullied again.
How? Even if the wrestling cancels out, from what we saw today he would lose badly on the stand up

Hardly a fair or relevant question. Charles' stats:
  • 44 fights
  • Only 4 have gone to a decision (less than 10%)
  • 31 finishes
  • Been finished 8 times
  • Never been to the 4th round in a fight
He's the definition of a "kill or be killed" fighter. Super entertaining fighter and very good, but we've never seen a GOAT-level fighter with those kind of stats or that much "throw caution to the wind" aggression. It works great until it doesn't. He should get the "Just Bleed" fighter award for the modern MMA era, though. He edges out Gaethje and a few others.

How? Even if the wrestling cancels out, from what we saw today he would lose badly on the stand up
he looked pretty bad last night. Hopefully that was a one off and not the start of a downhill slide. Beneil from just 8 months ago would be no walk in the park for Islam. I don’t think Islam is leagues ahead of him in the standup, it would be a slightly more technical guy vs a heavy hitter with a lot of grit. I just don’t think Charles has got much for Islam and don’t really care to see that matchup again.

Finishing Darius slower won't make Islam a weaker champ...stylistically different fighter....he's still the better striker and better grappler so a potential domination is still the potential trial outcome....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back