Would you pick Romero against a prime Anderson Silva?

I'd lean towards Romero, but prime Anderson was an alien and you never know with him.

Love both fighters tho, would hate to see them fight each other.

I wont pick anyone against prime silva

This is what I am thinking Silva with like a few weeks notice manage to survive Cormier for 3 rounds in a 5 round fight Romero could get really tired and get tagged bad.

Few weeks? Try barley 48 hours. And having surgery a month (might be 6 weeks, I don't recall) before the fight.

The same Weidman who KOed Anderson with boxing?
weidman was losing the standup badly until anderson put his hands down lets be real here. prime serious anderson ko's weidman whenever he wants

No because Chris weidman outboxed Romero for 1 round. I bet prime Silva would maul him on the feet. Look how cabo Silva survived under Cormier.

Weidman also outstruck a prime Silva...twice

Whats your point?

I wouldn't, I think Anderson can catch him coming in with something. THat said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Romero beat him, he's clearly a top tier fighter.

Yoel has looked beatable in almost of his fights, right up until he catches his late KO(except against Jacare where he almost got a KO early and then looked beatable for the remainder of the fight).

It is terribly hard to imagine Anderson not being able to put Yoel away.

Romero easily. "Prime silva" is overrated. Beat a bunch of blue collar scrubs and franklin. Prime silva would get mauled by weidman, Rockhold, jacare, Whittaker, gastelum, Yoel, and maybe moose. Anderson won the lottery fighting in the era that he did.

no way
giphy.gif

weidman was losing the standup badly until anderson put his hands down lets be real here. prime serious anderson ko's weidman whenever he wants

No, very little was landed by either man prior to the KO, it was just the Matrix hype and Rogan repeating it that had people thinking Silva was winning. In the rematch Weidman dropped him standing again in the 1st round.

I'd take Silva. I think he'd be too fast for Romero & pick him apart

You know guys... Romero lost against Kennedy and Souza... <Fedor23><{jojo}><Goldie11><5><{jackyeah}>{<redford}<{anton}>

Silva would've treated him like the rest of them

Nope. Prime Anderson was indestructible. Always found a way to win.

Prime Mr. Anderson always had something under his sleeve. He would pull some Matrix shit out of nowhere.

Depends if AS clowns around, because Romero will just be passive until he tries a big shot. Anderson always clown around when the other guy doesn't push the pace.

It won't be like against Sonnen, Romero doesn't have the cardio to do it.

But with Romero, one burst and it's over

Back