Social WR lounge 266: the Jon Jones leg of wieners

You can only eat one food for the rest of your life. Which one is it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy has 68 infractions, dubs and bans, and still gets to insult the mods. Unacceptable.

States don’t exist because they have a right to they exist because of power and government. You said in the main thread you are well versed on this topic. This is a very basic right to exist argument.

I wanted to make sure I understood you correctly.
You still didn't address my question

This "it's the anti-racists who are the real racists" shtick has existed for as long as institutional racism. Hell, you can trace it back to Robert E. Lee.

Do you disagree with anything I said?
In this instance its absolutely true. You can't cast judgment on a people because of their race and advocate racial segregation and not be racist

Well, Jews as a people had a tough time existing, over and over and over again without a state of their own. So how do you reconcile a people's right to exist without a safe state to exist in?
You’re telling me...Jews having a safe space to exist in and that space having the right to exist are two different things.

Well, Jews as a people had a tough time existing, over and over and over again without a state of their own. So how do you reconcile a people's right to exist without a safe state to exist in?

Bingo...

I see a lot of obfuscation and circuitous ways in answering a simple question

You’re telling me...Jews having a safe space to exist in and that space having the right to exist are two different things.
Restate please. I don't get your meaning.

My point is that Jews as a people ended up on the endangered list precisely because they did not have a state of their own.

That doesn't make their ever increasing encroachment into Palestine anything other than despicable. The whole situation is a mess.

I'm just trying to understand how anyone, with any understanding of history, or human nature, can be for open borders.

Bingo...

I see a lot of obfuscation and circuitous ways in answering a simple question
The question is a trick. When one criticizes the policy of other nations the response is never about whether they deserve to exist. Why is that a question? They are with force committing acts of terrorism on innocent civilians and you ask me if their state has a right to exist?

Do you disagree with anything I said?
In this instance its absolutely true. You can't cast judgment on a people because of their race and advocate racial segregation and not be racist

Yes, I disagree with your statement that leftists are teaching people to focus on differences based on immutable characteristics. Further, I don't believe you even think that's true.

It seems to me that you claim to want an aggressively race-neutral dialogue in examining and addressing current institutional racism against racial minorities, yet want an aggressively racialized defense of what you perceive to be racism against the American racial majority. Also, since someone, I think Falsedawn, pointed it out, I've noticed how absolutely deafening your silence is on overtly racist posts against non-white/non-East Asian people, specifically by the crew of mouth breathers that cheer and pat you on the back when you flamboyantly carry the tribal flag. You're more concerned with tagging posters like myself and JVS to solicit our disapproval of obscure racial phenomena from other places on the internet than taking any issue with actual racist posts here.

European countries could just, ya know, stop persecuting them instead of giving them land occupied by innocent third parties with free reign to perpetrate the same ethnic aggressions out of Europe's hair.

Restate please. I don't get your meaning.

My point is that Jews as a people ended up on the endangered list precisely because they did not have a state of their own.

That doesn't make their ever increasing encroachment into Palestine anything other than despicable. The whole situation is a mess.

I'm just trying to understand how anyone, with any understanding of history, or human nature, can be for open borders.
Okay, I thought you two would be aware of a right to exist argument. It has nothing to do with open borders, although separately I don't oppose the idea. What I am saying is the question of whether or not a state has a right to exist has nothing to do with the atrocities committed by Israel to the Palestinian people in their land. I am Jewish, my mother's side of the family are/were Polish Jews I am very aware of our history.

The question is a trick. When one criticizes the policy of other nations the response is never about whether they deserve to exist. Why is that a question? They are with force committing acts of terrorism on innocent civilians and you ask me if their state has a right to exist?

You asked me unequivocally if Palestinians deserve to exist. I said yes. I even advocate for a Palestinian state.

The reason why people ask, "does Israel have a right to exist " is because many of their foes say it dossnf...that its a rogue, terrorist state. And their enemies have made it clear as to what they want to do with Isreal..

This is why this question is asked, and its an important one

You asked me unequivocally if Palestinians deserve to exist. I said yes. I even advocate for a Palestinian state.

The reason why people ask, "does Israel have a right to exist " is because many of their foes say it dossnf...that its a rogue, terrorist state. And their enemies have made it clear as to what they want to do with Isreal..

This is why this question is asked, and its an important one
I asked you if a people deserve to exist specifically because you posted a tweet that said they didn't, you in turn asked me about a state. Humans have the right to exist, states do not. If you are asking me if I think Israel should return its land to refugees the answer is yes.

I asked you if a people deserve to exist specifically because you posted a tweet that said they didn't, you in turn asked me about a state. Humans have the right to exist, states do not. If you are asking me if I think Israel should return its land to refugees the answer is yes.
All of its land?

European countries could just, ya know, stop persecuting them instead of giving them land occupied by innocent third parties with free reign to perpetrate the same ethnic aggressions out of Europe's hair.

Make no mistake, I, on an ethical level, think how that country was created is the same as colonizing the new world at the expense of the indigenous people. On a practical level the choice to return to the land of their roots was a call to conflict, even if they had few, or maybe no other choice.

Yet a people need a home.

As for Euros persecution of Jews? No excuses there. Especially as I'm of the opinion that the Ashkenazi are a European people, even if they didn't start out as such.

The whole situation is a mess and I can't see a fair resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back