Social WR Lounge 308: RIP Bigwaverider.

What is more likely to happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try and explain a difference here. I think it's more nuanced than many posters are going to want to hear so I assume a shitstorm is coming.

Pedophilia is a pretty clear cut crime. That is not the same as people having alternative lifestyles that don't cross into that. So to juxtapose drag queen story hour vs. a catholic priest sexually touching a child. Drag queen story hour might offend some people's sense of morality and what they would expose their child to but it isn't criminal. It also isn't grooming without more detail or a bigger time line. An adult actually touching a child inappropriately is criminal. If the story explains how one act leads to another act leads to the ultimate crime, that's grooming.

What happens in the WR threads is that those posters who disagree with trans lifestyles and also don't believe that children should be exposed to trans, drag, etc. lifestyles, label any such exposure as pedophilia or grooming. Then they extend their disagreement by labelling others who disagree with them as supporters of criminal behavior when there isn't a criminal act being discussed. As that moves into claiming someone supports the criminal acts solely because they don't oppose things like adults taking their kids to events that the poster disapproves of, carding will occur.

It's a distinction that's probably lost on many because, to those posters, there is no distinction. All I can say on that is that people can express their disagreement with what happens in the stories without implying that people who don't disagree with the story support criminal abuse of children or that people who have no connection to the story support criminal abuse.
No. You lost me at drag story hour not being grooming. They are exactly trying to normalize deviant sexual behavior to children.

Folks just need to learn that someone not speaking out against some specific topic doesn't mean they support it. I realize that's asking a lot of many people.
Thing is many pretend it isn’t real or deny they exist. Then they play down the impact of it and say it is fine, as nothing illegal is happening. They are defending it, just with deflection and gas lighting

@Ruprecht

Here is a majority map that you might find interesting if you haven't already seen it. It's the Southern Baptists who are most obsessed with turning beliefs into law and policy; I didn't know that LDS Mormon influence stretched that far beyond Utah (it's mostly empty space though); I imagine California and the Southwest are majority Catholic due to the large presence of Mexican-Americans (of which Mexico overwhelmingly is). The church my family is/was part of is member to the orange-coded ELCA, which absorbed the original NLCA (Norwegian Lutheran Church of America) in the 1960s.

This_map_shows_the_dominant-bb76f165e9c4595de8f12158baf4ccd1

(CC: @gremins, @Khabib Khanate, @ReligiousDiscipline)
We've been swamped by papists, send help.

For real though i think that sherdog has a pretty good group of guys modding regardless of all of the complaints. I spent my fair share of time complaining about certain decisions, but im hoping i can be a help to the rest of the team. It would always be easier if everyone would try and follow the rules set out by the admin and mods. However everyone is human and things can be heated. Im just going to try and be as fair as i can.

For real though i think that sherdog has a pretty good group of guys modding regardless of all of the complaints. I spent my fair share of time complaining about certain decisions, but im hoping i can be a help to the rest of the team. It would always be easier if everyone would try and follow the rules set out by the admin and mods. However everyone is human and things can be heated. Im just going to try and be as fair as i can.

The other side of the wall does give a new perspective. I’m sure you’ll do great.

it's ok, you can stop now, they made you a mod, no need for further groveling.
oh wait, you're not yet full blue, some groveling still required.
post some more about "the team", it really makes everyone reading respect you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back