WTF was Gerald doing?

I think he was being wary of the takedown early in the round. Trying to be cautious but it’s just really poor defence on the feet. You can say Khamzat caught him with his speed but anything thrown would have caught him there.
Exactly. I give Khamzat credit for his previous victories, but tbh anyone could have KO'd GM3 with the way he was fighting.

waiting for the takedown, gerald got mad at the black belt comments thursday, he didnt want to get outgrappled by a blue belt, but he forgot that khamzat is a legit good striker and got KOed.

( not even mentioning all the feints khamzat did, and the body shot which probably hurt gerald too )
Fair enough, but Khamzat feinting was not responsible for Gerald looking like a sitting duck.

I need to see Chimaev vs a medium level opponent who isn't scared shitless of him.

I'll be fully onboard the hype train if he beats a decent dude who actually puts up a fight.

Please provide me 2 examples
dos caras(alberto del rio) eating Cro cops head kick. he said he was told to go down on the kick, but he didnt have a choice lol. give me 1 sec there is more.

just realized that was in japan but even still man. if you think its not possible or wont happen, thats on you bud.

He was probably waiting for the takedown
You shouldn't wait for a takedown while getting pressured with your hands down. Either thats shit fight IQ, or GM3 was shitting himself.

dos caras(alberto del rio) eating Cro cops head kick. he said he was told to go down on the kick, but he didnt have a choice lol. give me 1 sec there is more

That was not a fixed fight lol I'm talking about 2 actual fighters not a pro wrestler thrown to the wolves

Okay, I'm not one to call fix. I have never called a fix before in my life.

But wtf was Gerald doing? He backed himself to the fence, had his hands down, wasn't throwing, and wasn't moving?

I don't get it. He is a pro fighter. He know how to fight. That is not how to fight anyone.

Either it was a fix.

Or Gerald was scared shitless.

Either way, we learnt absolutely nothing about Khamzat today. I wanted this to be an elongated fight, so I could learn whether to jump on board the hype train or not.
What I got was no information about ANY of Khamzats skills.
We know he can punch hard, but TBH a 90 year old granny could have KO'd Gerald with how he was moving.
I hope Khamzats next fight actually goes for more than 15 seconds, cause currently I have no idea whether he is any good.

We know he beat 2 shit opponents, but he did it super impressively.
We know he has power, and that he killed Gerald, but it doesn't tell us anything about how good he is.

So Sherbros, can you tell me wtf Gerald was doing?
We learned that he has one punch knockout power at middleweight, will be even nastier at welterweight

I honestly will never understand why people hype GM3 up. The guy is garbage, and always has been.
I didn't think Gerald was going to win.

I actually didn't care about the fight at all, but from the previous stuff I had seen I though Chimaev would win a pretty easy decision.

I'm more commenting on how weird the actual KO sequence was. I've never seen anything like it.

That was not a fixed fight lol I'm talking about 2 actual fighters not a pro wrestler thrown to the wolves
yes it was a fixd fight. rio said so himself he was paid to go down. he was there to get KO'd by a head kick dawg.

also both sides dont need to be in on the fix. you can have both parties, but only 1 has to know ultimatley. watch chales last couple of losses. kimbo KO'd ken in an obviously fixed fight. that was the defense then "no he really hit him". its like yeah no shit.

Fair enough, but Khamzat feinting was not responsible for Gerald looking like a sitting duck.
for real ? did u read my post ?

I said the fear of the takedown PLUS the feints, plus the body shots, hell even the cage cutting froze gerald ( btw he tried to block a hook, but a straight came, too bad for him ... ).

And nobody care if ur on the hype train or not, and we both know u won't ...

yes it was a fixd fight. rio said so himself he was paidto go down. unfortunalty mirko wasnt savy and killed him

That would imply he had a chance which I'm comfortable in saying he had a 0% chance in winning. That's like me fighting Crocop and I'm told to go down after a head kick, what other choice would I have?

Ts is actually Chael Sonnen. His predictions are wrong 100% of the time. It's actually pretty funny and unbelievable.

Meer was expecting a takedown then Khamzat faked a hook, Gerald put his arm up to block the hook, Khamzat instead came in with a straight. Thats why he didn't see it coming and got Koed stiff. the weasel put out a video on it.

Who are you picking next week? I wanna get rich picking the opposite..

for real ? did u read my post ?

I said the fear of the takedown PLUS the feints, plus the body shots, hell even the cage cutting froze gerald ( btw he tried to block a hook, but a straight came, too bad for him ... ).

And nobody care if ur on the hype train or not, and we both know u won't ...
Why are you so triggered? Can you not read properly?
I said, I give Khamzat credit for doing some nice feints, and good cage cutting.

I only saw one body shot, and I didn't even think it landed properly?

Still, feints and cage cutting should only work to expose you a small amount at that level.
Later on in the fight, after you have eaten some damage, sure, then you are wary of feints.

And the cage cutting was actually super nice, but again, GM3 allowed himself to be backed up to the cage, almost like Woodley.

I'm saying, it was more GM3's fault than Khamzat doing stuff.

If Khamzat beats a mid level opponent nicely, who actually looks like he wants to be there, then I'll hop on board.
Right now im 50/50 onboard.

BTW, are you implying that i'm somehow biased against fighters that are dagestani or something? Cause if you knew anything about who I follow, you would know that is bull.

Ts is actually Chael Sonnen. His predictions are wrong 100% of the time. It's actually pretty funny and unbelievable.

Meer was expecting a takedown then Khamzat faked a hook, Gerald put his arm up to block the hook, Khamzat instead came in with a straight. Thats why he didn't see it coming and got Koed stiff. the weasel put out a video on it.

Who are you picking next week? I wanna get rich picking the opposite..
I predicted that Chimaev would win lmao.
I'm wondering why the finishing sequence looked so wierd.

Sounds like no one just wants to give Khamzat credit for the way he setup that right hand with his subtle footwork and pressure which lead to GM3 getting KTFO.

Gerald did nothing wrong but just got beaten by a a better fighter.
Yup Khamzat pressured like he was going to shoot and then uncorked the H bomb. Was really cool to watch. He's the real deal..and he's a gym rat with $ now. Dana needs to book him ASAP. It's going to be real interesting to watch him move up 2 weight classes simultaneusly.

Lmao, meet my grandmother. She would beat the shit out of half the 135 roster.
Grandma's with wooden spoons is no fair...

That would imply he had a chance which I'm comfortable in saying he had a 0% chance in winning. That's like me fighting Crocop and I'm told to go down after a head kick, what other choice would I have?
bro he was told the finish.....but yeah ill make it easier. you think pro wrestlers take flush shots and harm them selves with weapons but a fighter wont eat some shots? cmon.

Yeah, nice gif? You’ve failed to substantiate anything suspicious about the fight. What looked suspicious? He tried to react to the punch but was too slow and got hit right on the button. It’s a legitimate KO.

EDIT: Black Panther sucks

Back