WWE betting

jrleclerc88

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just saw an advertisement that they have wrestling lines on 5dimes???? WTF LOL... I don't understand how anyone could calculate %'s

Odds will plummet to nothing once results are leaked but sometimes you can catch other books asleep at the wheel.

Odds will plummet to nothing once results are leaked but sometimes you can catch other books asleep at the wheel.
Im not hating on it but how can you bet on something that's "fixed"? its public knowledge that certain people know the outcome for certain.

They have lines on Game of Thrones, Avengers, Oscars, Golden Globes, etc etc etc. WWE is exactly the same as all those.

Oscars/golden globe are like a super bowl coin flip prop. use your brain bud

Your replies legit made me laugh out loud. Much appreciated! Have a nice weekend.

Won plenty from WWE. Used to put on multiples with underdogs and they often came in. However they changed something and you could no longer bet on multiples so it wasn't really worth it. The bookies guessed depending on public opinion and speculation majority of the time, weirdly enough

no its not? and ur a moron if you think that!

Wait, what? Sorry I'm trying to figure out why you'd say that. The "results" of all of these events (TV shows, awards, Pro wrestling) are known by a very select few insiders. Results can be leaked for any of them, so how are they so different? Is your assertion just that it's way more likely that pro wrestling storylines would be released ahead of time? You could be right, I'm just trying to understand your argument.

We had a guy here Joe Budden who would track the pro wrestling lines the day of big events when 5d had odds. As soon as lines started moving one way he'd jump on those and hammer them. Others here were following suit too. They were parlaying them, paying big juice (parlaying 5, 6, 7 wrestling matches at -300 up to like -2500 or whatever). But they figured it was free money, because once the lines started moving they always kept moving that way. In other words, someone who "knew" the storylines had leaked it and it was a mortal lock. They made $ on a few events for sure. But then one day they got burned BADLY. I remember the mass panic with the 4-5 people here that were DEEP on parlays of all these wrestlers and then the lines started shifting the other way. All of a sudden they had -1000 favorites that were +1500. Seems like someone figured out what was going on and decided to teach them a lesson maybe. Until this thread I'd forgotten about it.

Wait, what? Sorry I'm trying to figure out why you'd say that. The "results" of all of these events (TV shows, awards, Pro wrestling) are known by a very select few insiders. Results can be leaked for any of them, so how are they so different? Is your assertion just that it's way more likely that pro wrestling storylines would be released ahead of time? You could be right, I'm just trying to understand your argument.

We had a guy here Joe Budden who would track the pro wrestling lines the day of big events when 5d had odds. As soon as lines started moving one way he'd jump on those and hammer them. Others here were following suit too. They were parlaying them, paying big juice (parlaying 5, 6, 7 wrestling matches at -300 up to like -2500 or whatever). But they figured it was free money, because once the lines started moving they always kept moving that way. In other words, someone who "knew" the storylines had leaked it and it was a mortal lock. They made $ on a few events for sure. But then one day they got burned BADLY. I remember the mass panic with the 4-5 people here that were DEEP on parlays of all these wrestlers and then the lines started shifting the other way. All of a sudden they had -1000 favorites that were +1500. Seems like someone figured out what was going on and decided to teach them a lesson maybe. Until this thread I'd forgotten about it.

My favourite memory of JB was him hammering one of the threads with WWE line updates every 3-4-5 minutes. He said he'd just smoked a giant bowl and in spite of that was certain they were adjusting the lines based on what he was posting. It was hilarious, if not a bit pathetic lol. Might've been the day you're talking about. He was wilder than usual...and that's saying something. I bet the Undertaker as a dog against Shane McMahon. There's not much more satisfying than betting a line at +100 and a couple hours later it's -5000 or whatever lol.

My favourite memory of JB was him hammering one of the threads with WWE line updates every 3-4-5 minutes. He said he'd just smoked a giant bowl and in spite of that was certain they were adjusting the lines based on what he was posting. It was hilarious, if not a bit pathetic lol. Might've been the day you're talking about. He was wilder than usual...and that's saying something. I bet the Undertaker as a dog against Shane McMahon. There's not much more satisfying than betting a line at +100 and a couple hours later it's -5000 or whatever lol.

Yeah the main thing I remember about that day was the constant stream of "Oh shit" posts here as the lines kept going the opposite direction.

that's a real long rambling post, what are you on? you basically said my exact point with odds flipping from -1500 to +1500. wrestling is fake chest slaps and stomping the ground when you "punch", its ridiculous to bet on.

LOL u go bet the undertaker. I watched wrestling too when I was 12

Your replies legit made me laugh out loud. Much appreciated! Have a nice weekend.
u betting on WWE makes me literally lol. do u have a fake belt u wear too? ultimate warrior for Halloween? smfh

This is epic.

u betting on WWE makes me literally lol. do u have a fake belt u wear too? ultimate warrior for Halloween? smfh

It's essentially free money. I keep an eye on two books; book 1 seems to update faster than the other and sometimes I can catch the line on book 2 before it drops to nothing. If the line shifts the other way because of a trap, I can reverse the method and save my bets. Plus they're maxed very small anyways.

I'm not sure why you care what the topic is, WWE or otherwise. It's money.

that's a real long rambling post, what are you on? you basically said my exact point with odds flipping from -1500 to +1500. wrestling is fake chest slaps and stomping the ground when you "punch", its ridiculous to bet on.

Uhh...yes. You aren't betting on a sporting event, and I don't think anyone who would bet on it thinks they are LMAO. You are betting on what you think the storyline would be. Just like if you bet on who you think ends up on the Iron Throne on GOT. I wasn't advocating betting on it, not sure where you got that I was. Sorry my last post was too long for you, most of it was telling what I thought was a somewhat funny story about people here who bet pro wrestling. Evidently you got no entertainment from it, so...**shrug**.

As for what I'm "on"? As a 42 year old responsible dad with a career and stuff I don't really get to be "on" a whole lot anymore. Admittedly, I am enjoying a glass of whiskey right now since my wife took my daughter to practice and then she's got a birthday party to go to so will be gone most of the day. So...you could be on to something. Maybe the booze is getting to me ha ha.

Uhh...yes. You aren't betting on a sporting event, and I don't think anyone who would bet on it thinks they are LMAO. You are betting on what you think the storyline would be. Just like if you bet on who you think ends up on the Iron Throne on GOT. I wasn't advocating betting on it, not sure where you got that I was. Sorry my last post was too long for you, most of it was telling what I thought was a somewhat funny story about people here who bet pro wrestling. Evidently you got no entertainment from it, so...**shrug**.

As for what I'm "on"? As a 42 year old responsible dad with a career and stuff I don't really get to be "on" a whole lot anymore. Admittedly, I am enjoying a glass of whiskey right now since my wife took my daughter to practice and then she's got a birthday party to go to so will be gone most of the day. So...you could be on to something. Maybe the booze is getting to me ha ha.
lmao bud you're 43 wwe fan and a consistent sherdog poster? drinking whiskey instead of going to your daughters practice? LOL

Back