Yair Rodriguiz Gave UP

nah I think this was just a grappling skill gap, coupled with getting rocked

This is how we know OP Bubba has never been punched in the head by someone who knows how to punch.

Actually, it's the opposite.

Anyone who thinks a man curling up in a ball "covering up" is NOT quitting doesn't know what he's watching.

This may surprise you, but there really are some fighters, who keep fighting until the bitter end.

They don't cover up and quit, they keep fighting, keep trying to get up, and keep trying to win. As long as they're awake, you're still in a fight.

Yair Rodriguez reminds me somewhat of Charles Oliveira — terrifically talented, exciting to watch, dangerous for a finish — but you can break their will, if they assess that you are too tough to be finished.

They literally stop fighting and quit.

maybe he gave up, maybe not, what really you can tell is the guy gets exposed against guys with good grappling not even fantastic, Frankie made him look like an amateur, the same as Volk

I'd call Frankie and Volk fantastic grapplers. Both are top notch wrestlers and BJJ black belts

I guess it's called quitting unless you're throwing punches from the bottom while being pounded out until it all goes dark. Give the man some credit. He's given us wars. I wouldn't call him a quitter.

It's always fun to read the comments of Sherdoggers on "quitters." Some of you are so anti-quit you won't quit making fools of yourselves every time you post. I see you.

Reactions: HHJ
He was totally outclassed n gotten taken down n beat up whenever Volk wanted to tske him down.

Yair was never a true contender. He isxa fun fighter but that's it.

Volk has decent power people seem to forget that because he’s gone up against dudes with great chins like Max and Ortega.

He’s also got pretty damn good GnP too.

Yair's kryptonite was, is, & will continue to be grappling. His 3 losses in the UFC, he was outgrappled in all 3. Yes, Volk finished him but even before that, the fight was mostly Volk taking him down & controlling him. Very gifted striker but his grappling is his weakness

BTW where does Yair go from here? Because unlike max, he was finished by Volk. And he has a loss to Max already. So who does Yair fight to get back into contender status? Maybe Evlov? Rematch Ortega as that fight would probably look different now and Ortega was injured early in the first one.

He should fight Arnold Allen next imo. Yair is going to have to string a lot of wins together to sniff another title shot as long as Volk remains champ. Maybe if Volk vacates the belt & goes up to lightweight then Yair could get another opportunity in a year or two.

Curling up in the fetal position is sign language for "no mass"
Yair didn't have his legs at all after he got hit. He knows how to move backwards and laterally but all concept of that went out the window after he got cracked, Volk gave him zero time at all to recover on top of all that as well.

Reactions: HHJ
Curling up in the fetal position is sign language for "no mass"
Come on Bubba!!! How do you know Yair wasn’t perfectly happy curled up in the fetal position?

Let me make it more diplomatic here TS..

Surely when you are being manhandled and realize that you have nothing for your opponent and reality kicks in that there is nothing that you can do, that leads to being conformed with the outcome but giving up? No, he was simply outclassed, schooled and dominated by a way better fighter and accepted it. Acceptance is not giving up.

BTW where does Yair go from here? Because unlike max, he was finished by Volk. And he has a loss to Max already. So who does Yair fight to get back into contender status? Maybe Evlov? Rematch Ortega as that fight would probably look different now and Ortega was injured early in the first one.

Yair has no place at being a contender.

Back