Yaw-Yan is superior to Muay Thai

LMAO

"No drinking, no smoking, no sex... wait no a little sex is fine."

About 20 years ago I made a trip to Philippines. Already been to Thailand a couple of times to train muay thai. Didn't intend to do any training but had some gear with me and when people found out they told me to try yaw-yan. Back in those days before the internet I thought it was the Philippines version of kickboxing just like the other countries had their own style.

It was a big waste of times, the level of the kickboxers were extremly low compared to Thailand, there was only one guy in the gym who wasn't terrible, mainly because he was also doing boxing training and didn't do those stupid bolo punches. That gym was supposedly also one of the best gym in Davao during that time. Arrogant coach who thought nak muays were too slow with their kicks but mine worked well, after a few hard low kicks most of them kept the distance. They didn't know how to block my "slow" low kicks.

Don't waste time with yaw-yan if you plan to go to Philippines. Boxing would be a better alternative. They also have a couple of great MMA-gyms. The strikers who dominate the filipino MMA events doesn't have a background in yaw-yan they usually have a background in sanda/sanshou.

Yaw-Yan is Philippines' dangerous martial art, more lethal and brutal than Muay Thai.

The dynamic striking of this art resembles the striking of Arnis and kicking game of Karate and Taekwondo, and has better knee strike than Muay Thai.

And the conditioning is a lot better than Muay Thai.

A lot of Lumpinee Muay Thai Champions get knockout against top Yaw-Yan fighters.

Even in the mma world, Yaw-Yan dominated the Philippine mma scene.
I remember back in the day a user on a now defunct subfighter brought this up to then Manny Pacquiao beat Marco Antonio Barrera and the user dedicated himself to worshiping Manny.

Studied Yawyan actually. Nothing special, to be honest. And I don't think any of the top fighters will dominate MT top fighters. TS is a troll.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back