Yoel is the middleweight goat and it’s not close

Top 3 with Silva and Hendo. Not sure if #1

The only bad decision was you posting this.

Yoel lost to Cavalcante, Costa, Jacare, Izzy, and Rob (and definitely didn't beat him the second time around).
Get out of here.

Sorry, that never happened. Even if you're silly enough to think Yoel was robbed, he was ineligible to win the championship because he wasn't a middleweight.
Cavalcante was at light heavyweight, jacare was a draw becuase yoel beat his head into the canvas for 3 minutes straight getting a 10-8, izzy robbery, costa robbery, rob was at minimum a draw due to a 10-8 in the 5th, and at best a 48-45 with two 10-8s.

First rob fight absolutely

He was eligible to win the title against adesanya and he only missed out against rob becuase the commissioner didn’t want to wait around

Cavalcante was at light heavyweight, jacare was a draw becuase yoel beat his head into the canvas for 3 minutes straight getting a 10-8, izzy robbery, costa robbery, rob was at minimum a draw due to a 10-8 in the 5th, and at best a 48-45 with two 10-8s.

First rob fight absolutely

He was eligible to win the title against adesanya and he only missed out against rob becuase the commissioner didn’t want to wait around
Yeah, the Rob fight was a draw. But to say that the Izzy and Costa fight were "robberies" but call the Jacare fight a draw is ridiculous.

Also, it was supposedly stopped for fighter safety, not time. He was given extra time in the first place and couldn't cut that last pound in an hour, so more cutting at that point is pretty dangerous.

Yeah, the Rob fight was a draw. But to say that the Izzy and Costa fight were "robberies" but call the Jacare fight a draw is ridiculous.

Also, it was supposedly stopped for fighter safety, not time. He was given extra time in the first place and couldn't cut that last pound in an hour, so more cutting at that point is pretty dangerous.
I said it was at minimum a draw, but I have it a yoel 3-2.

Izzy and costa, even if just bad decisions, still count

Jacare absolutely should have been a draw, he wailed on jacare for 3 minutes straight after dropping him

Either way, it doesn’t matter that he wasn’t eligible. He still beat rob, title or not, and that’s what matters

I said it was at minimum a draw, but I have it a yoel 3-2.

Izzy and costa, even if just bad decisions, still count

Jacare absolutely should have been a draw, he wailed on jacare for 3 minutes straight after dropping him

Either way, it doesn’t matter that he wasn’t eligible. He still beat rob, title or not, and that’s what matters
He lost to Rob twice

He was great, but he's not even the GOAT of the MMA hoid freaks (that title is for Jones).

I think if you review his fights and apply pride judging criteria he looks way better than his record suggests
ie he probably beat Rob twice and jacare and adesanya maybe

At his best he Yoel might have been the best middleweight ever. Greatest no - a lot of decisions didn't go his way and he had some weight issues.

He brought us some of the best fights middleweight has ever seen, WAR YOEL FOR GAY JESUS

Brunson
Tavares
Kennedy
Machida
Weidman
Rockhold
Whittaker
Costa
Adesanya

Loss to whittaker

Meanwhile silva out here losing to random Japanese guys by flying inverted heel scissor triangle omiplata and getting his legs snapped the first time someone learned how to check a kick at middleweight lol
(And yes, robbery/bad decisions do count. If you win, you win, no matter how close)

NO DEBATE

View attachment 1036567

He didn’t do enough to beat rob either time.
He rocked him twice in the deciding round (round 4) of their second fight and easily earned a 10-8 in the 5th by dropping rob and completely dominating the action. He arguably 10-8d him in the 3rd round aswell

I don't know man, even if you count all the close fights or "robberies" as legit wins, how many title defenses does it add up to?
Gonna be hard to beat Silva's 10 title defenses. And he fought great opponents too

I don't know man, even if you count all the close fights or "robberies" as legit wins, how many title defenses does it add up to?
Gonna be hard to beat Silva's 10 title defenses. And he fought great opponents too
I used to only count title defenses, until I started thinking “as long as you’re a champion at least once, why does it matter if you beat them with a title on the line or not?”

They’re all working towards a title whether it’s on the line or not

Kennedy said the winner of yoel and him would fight for the title (his words)
Weidman Yoel was a title eliminator
Rockhold Yoel basically a title eliminator
Costa got a title shot specifically from “beating” yoel
Machida yoel a 5 round fight with a devastating ending

What makes these victories less impressive? I just don’t see why a fight like silva vs patrick cote (who had 4 wins in the ufc) counts towards your legacy more than yoel beating Chris weidman, a 3 time defending middleweight champion

Brunson
Tavares
Kennedy
Machida
Weidman
Rockhold
Whittaker
Costa
Adesanya

Loss to whittaker

Meanwhile silva out here losing to random Japanese guys by flying inverted heel scissor triangle omiplata and getting his legs snapped the first time someone learned how to check a kick at middleweight lol
(And yes, robbery/bad decisions do count. If you win, you win, no matter how close)

NO DEBATE

View attachment 1036567
you might have some of the worst takes on this site and thats saying something. Yoel is cool tho but not in that convo at all.

Back