• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Your favorite piece of Gear?

ftrnotlvr

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your favorite piece of gear? Why do you like it and would you have to go out immediately and replace it if it were to become lost or stolen??

Gold FG-5000 by Winning

Protects my easy to bleed nose, light, feels much better than my Pink Ringside head gear, and it matches my gold gear :)

Would I get another one if lost?

Well, lets just say I'm going to put an order in for another one in different colors, logo, and screen printing next week.

And if I lost that, I would buy a new one to replace it.

Now that I think about it, I think I can field a small squad with boxing gear....

Gold FG-5000 by Winning

Protects my easy to bleed nose, light, feels much better than my Pink Ringside head gear, and it matches my gold gear :)

Would I get another one if lost?

Well, lets just say I'm going to put an order in for another one in different colors, logo, and screen printing next week.

And if I lost that, I would buy a new one to replace it.

Now that I think about it, I think I can field a small squad with boxing gear....

Same here, the FG-5000. I liked it so much that I had to get a custom color of it. The JC Pacheco headgear I got as a travel backup is good too, but it doesn't compare to the FG-5000. Worth every penny!

Winning NG2, dont feel like I could train without that extra protection for my knuckles to be honest. I used to have some Beaulieu/Flores bag mitts made by Dan Mosby which I loved to use but would end up hurting my wrist after long sessions. Still they were really well made, horse hair, smelt great and it was nice to know where they came from and who made them. Ended up selling them to a friend who's really into oldschool boxing, wants to become the next Gene Tunney and only uses traditional mitts on the bags and figured he'd get more use out of them than me. He loves them too so I don't regret it.

My dentist-made mouthguard. Everything else can come and go, but those suckers are perfect. i got a 5-year full warranty for them, so if I ever am able to go trough them, Ill get a new pair.
Also, if they get stolen or lost, I will be jump-skipping back to the same place to make me another pair.
Something I cant live without anymore.

My dentist-made mouthguard. Everything else can come and go, but those suckers are perfect. i got a 5-year full warranty for them, so if I ever am able to go trough them, Ill get a new pair.
Also, if they get stolen or lost, I will be jump-skipping back to the same place to make me another pair.
Something I cant live without anymore.

Just curious....

How much did it cost?

I might get one made.

My favorite piece of equipment is the Ring to Cage MiM Gloves. I reviewed a lot of gloves but I always go back to those.

Not replaceable, but I would have to go with my 8oz. Flores gloves.

70fbbbd9.jpg

what makes them so good?

They have a unique fit. Slim, horse hair, super easy to open and clench fist, detached thumb, even weight distribution, flat striking surface. Everything I want in a glove.

My 10oz. have the same features and better wrist support, but I could only choose one and I feel a little more bad-ass with these on. :icon_twis

are they as well made as Reyes, Grants, Winnings etc? basically in a head to head for best boxing glove..

Protech mouthguard.

And you won't be getting that replaced by Tom anytime soon....

And my choice...there's nothing I can really think of that is a must replace..

are they as well made as Reyes, Grants, Winnings etc? basically in a head to head for best boxing glove..

Cunstruction wise, they are just as good as the Grant and Reyes training gloves, I found Winning to be a step above everyone in that category.

I've yet to try Reyes, but they are way better than the Grant and Everlast MX pro fight gloves.

Not replaceable, but I would have to go with my 8oz. Flores gloves.

70fbbbd9.jpg

These are a work of art! Now...When it comes to larger sizes - 14 and above - the classic gloves start to look disproportionate IMHO.

My Redstar gi or the no-name shorts I've got that use gi-jacket material over the crotch. Love those shorts as they don't flap around and ride up as easily as more traditional shorts.

Back