Your favorite piece of Gear?

My Redstar gi or the no-name shorts I've got that use gi-jacket material over the crotch. Love those shorts as they don't flap around and ride up as easily as more traditional shorts.

where did you find those shorts?

And you won't be getting that replaced by Tom anytime soon....

And my choice...there's nothing I can really think of that is a must replace..

Nope. That's why I like it so much.

rsk have you tried Shevlin? How did they rank?

I have a pair but haven't used them yet. Been alternating my Pacheco/Fairtex/Grants lately. I think I'll give them a whirl tomorrow.

These are a work of art! Now...When it comes to larger sizes - 14 and above - the classic gloves start to look disproportionate IMHO.

Would love to get a pair of 14 or 16 to complete my collection.

I'm guessing it might be due to the amount of horsehair needed to achieve that weight.

My KO headgear. As I learn it protects my noggin when I get lazy,drop the hands and get blasted.

BOON 16 oz. gloves in brown. Dunno why. Feels like superpowers

BOON 16 oz. gloves in brown. Dunno why. Feels like superpowers

Right there with ya - After they broke in, they're absolutely wonderful. They're getting worn out though (used them A LOT) - Maybe it's time for another pair hahahaha.

My Scramble Rainbow Spats. I feel like I can leg lock a unicorn in them things.

my combatsports mma safety training gloves... been using them for almost 4 years now and are still great... little bit of fading in the color but thats about it!

Thai Shorts no matter what brand - i collect them like shoes.lol

Thai Shorts no matter what brand - i collect them like shoes.lol

I use to do this. Not anymore though since i realized I only wear the same 5 pairs at a time.

I use to go crazy with mma shorts off mmahq then I sold all the ones I didn't like. It's just sprawls and clinch gears for me.

Dan Mosby was a good friend and for a dozen years made the "OLD SCHOOL" hair padded gloves with both his FLORES label and for me and my BEAULIEU label. Together we changed some minor aspects of the original design and both enjoyed the association. Dan is gone, R I P, but his memory lives on and very soon we at BEAULIEU CUSTOM BOXING EQUIPMENT will be offering the "OLD SCHOOL" hair padded gloves again. No custom colors or major changes, but rather the wine, black and just maybe a couple other old school colors. We'll have both the triple padded cuff or the flat cuff training gloves from 12-22 oz. Also 8 and 10 oz. fight/bag gloves. We'll also continue with our Custom Equipment line, profiled on Facebook under BEAULIEU CUSTOM BOXING EQUIPMENT. Now, my logo depicts me being from the US, living in Hooksett, NH, but it's been advertised and reviewed more than once that the gear is made with top quality materials and workmanship in Pakistan. Thank you...

Another FG5000 vote here.

I also love my fairtex gloves (all 3 of them)

My custom made pink marble mouthguard from ProSmile here in Ottawa. I would immediately replace it with something equally as obnoxious, pink sparkles maybe. It's funny to see the look on peoples faces when they see a 200lb straight guy rockin a bright pink mouthpiece.

xhGNVHB.jpg

Clamp,
I love my R2C as well. They seem to protect my hands very well and are kind to sparring partners. One question I had for you though is - they seem to hold moisture and get stinky. I keep use glove dogs and every few week air them out in the sunshine, but they still seem to hold the moisture. What's your experience and recommendations?

Thanks,
Tom

Back