Your favourite forgotten legendary fights?

Do you know the word forgotten?

gee sorry pal, my mental retardation flairs up when I'm asked questions about MMA
giphy.gif

Legendary? The fight was shit, even the Canadian crowd booed the joint

"Legendary Forgotten" Scorecard*

Jake Sheilds was 1 round from BEATING the GOAT, GSP

People forgot that even back then, soon after the fight. GSP was on a crazy streak of not losing rounds, remember? And it was one-dimensional, Strikefore "reject", Jake "worst stand-up in MMA " Shields... that "almost" beat GSP. (still makes me laugh)

Last edited:
"Legendary Forgotten" Scorecard*

Jake Sheilds was 1 round from BEATING the GOAT, GSP

People forgot that even back then, soon after the fight. GSP was on a crazy streak of not losing rounds, remember? And it was one-dimensional, Strikefore "reject", Jake "worst stand-up in MMA " Shields... that "almost" beat GSP. (still makes me laugh)
It was a weird fight in hat it was entirely on the feet, and GSP's plan to win a clear decision by touching Shields with teh jab would have worked, if it wasn't for those pesky eyepokes.

Has Carlos Newton vs. Anderson Silva been forgotten about?

Anderson, himself, just mentioned this fight yesterday in an interview. Anderson is BOXING Jake Paul, in case haven't heard. It was either this fight, or the Sakurai fight... speaking of which...

Anderson vs Hayato "Mach" Sakurai was Significant, if not "Legendary" per'se.
Anderson was #1 at WELTERWEIGHT... which is "forgotten" by many

That’s a fucking classic. This one is maybe not as forgotten but just as classic

I was in the building for Jung vs Poirier. The 1 and only live event that I've attended. Fucking amazing fight. Loved the whole event. I got to meet RDA and Tyson Griffin there.

GSP being ONE round away from LOSING to Jake Shields
... or...
Jake Sheilds being ONE round from DETHRONING GSP
(whichever sounds more improbable)

You forgot about about this:

St-Pierre-vs-Shields-UFC-129_0451.jpg

GSP-vs-Shields-Scorecard-600.jpg

sheilds-eye-poke_original_original.jpg

ufc129_12_gsp_vs_shields_020.jpg
GSP won the first 3 rounds before Shields started raking GSP's eyes

"I won, but it was a bad day, and I got an injury to the eye and I was blind for about half the fight."

Last edited:
Another one memorable to me, but probably qualifies as "a Forgotten Fight". My opinion of Women's MMA changed within the very FIRST fight I ever saw.

"Hey, look a Chick fight" LOL ... to... "Wow" [Applauding]

Gina Carano vs Julie Kedzie

Julie Kedzie VS Miesha Tate is probably my favorite all time women's MMA fight.

I was in the building for Jung vs Poirier. The 1 and only live event that I've attended. Fucking amazing fight. Loved the whole event. I got to meet RDA and Tyson Griffin there.
Damn man, that’s awesome. What a phenomenal fight to see live, especially at your first live event. I’ve been thinking that k need to go to another live event, it’s been a few years.

GSP won the first 3 rounds before Shields started raking GSP eyes

"I won, but it was a bad day, and I got an injury to the eye and I was blind for about half the fight."

1 round away, though.

Jake Shields was THAT close to beating GSP, winning the UFC Title

And that claim would have as as much validity (or actaully less) as the Jon Jones eye-pokes in his fights (which he has done multiple times over).

Jake-Shields-UFC121_UFCcom_original.jpg

shields-tweet_large.jpg

I scrolled through this entire thread looking for this fight and nobody mentioned it, so it must truly be forgotten. Do yourself a favor and watch Jorge Santiago vs. Kazuo Misaki 2 immediately, one of the most epic displays of MMA I've ever seen, that fight has a little bit of everything, a high-level, technical fight where both guys showed true warrior spirit

Back