• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Your opinion on Shoyoroll ?

GracieJits925

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've never had a SYR gi but have gotten mixed reactions when asking about the quality & overall performance of their gi's. What are your guys thoughts ?

I have 13 gi's and one of them is a Shoyoroll. It's a good gi and feels pretty good and I def. like it. However, it's def. not my favorite. They have another sale going on this Friday and I may pick up another one. That being said they are good but not really worth waiting 6 months to get one. I might order an Origins Gi instead as their lead time is only a couple of weeks and they look every bit as nice if not nicer.

I have 13 gi's and one of them is a Shoyoroll. It's a good gi and feels pretty good and I def. like it. However, it's def. not my favorite. They have another sale going on this Friday and I may pick up another one. That being said they are good but not really worth waiting 6 months to get one. I might order an Origins Gi instead as their lead time is only a couple of weeks and they look every bit as nice if not nicer.

wat????

6 months????

what good is a gi if you have to wait that long? For someone who trains 4-5 days/week thats a loooonnnggg wait

and for that price..ugh forget it ..plenty of high quality gi's out there that are already in stock. 6 months i would expect a gi to be tailor made specifically to your body ( not your body type, your actual body )

BUt then again i am frugal

There Gis arnt bad I've got 4. That being said shoyoroll Gis are not the best like so many think they just have the limited "cool factor". There Gis are made in Pakistan and are not any better than the shoyoroll knock offs. I've never had a problem with a shoyoroll but then again I've never had a problem with any of my Gis.
My opinion is you won't regret getting a shyrl but I'm Definatley not going to buy another one just because the stiching is different colors of the previous model and then wait 6 months to get it.

Why are people complaining about how unoriginal the recent designs are? I mean how much different can you make a gi? I mean you have the standard white, royal blue, an black gi with the occasional navy blue. Of course the only changes should be to the stitching. Do you want like a red or yellow gi to be satisfied with Shoyoroll doing new things?

i don't see why shoyoroll can't change the patches on each batch since the gi's aren't even in production yet.

Can you share some links with us? Cuz I really haven

Thanks for the replies guys.
@supereem: What you say hurts me only from reading it. I can

Do you know how fucking annoying it is trying to pre order a gi in my country with my shithouse internet? I woke up at 4am and tried on both budo and their site for their black gi, and didnt get it, whilst some ****hole on facebook was bragging about getting two of each colour (black and white), and the fat bastard was a white belt. What a load of shit, in the end I got an a3slim black ground control gi which ended up being better then my three shoyorolls anyway...

Were they sold out? Or did you have a problem ordering with their system? I've had problems ordering thru their system with my old overseas address and so I emailed them and they were more then willing to accomodate me and get my order thru via email. Granted I emailed them during the "window" but I was able to get what I wanted.

My SYR Gi (Yank) is very light. The construction quality is no better than my Atama Gi's. The sleeve length is longer than my Atama Gi's.

IMO It's not worth to wait, 6 months to receive a Gi.

I won't order another SYR as long as they do the pre-order and pre-payment thing.

IMO It's not worth to wait, 6 months to receive a Gi.

I won't order another SYR as long as they do the pre-order and pre-payment thing.

+1

I did not like the way the Americana and ComPadre went. Because I ordered an A1, I had to wait extra long for both gi's. Heard it was some mix up between Budo and SYR.

+1

I did not like the way the Americana and ComPadre went. Because I ordered an A1, I had to wait extra long for both gi's. Heard it was some mix up between Budo and SYR.

I had the same with an A0 Americana. The batch#11 sounds great, and it's a colour combination I really like, but I won't be buying. I couldn't even get a credit card refund on my order because it had gone past the 3 month refund period (according to Budovideos, who did eventually sort me out), that's how long the pre-order process is. Not willing to get involved with that again thanks.

James

So did you get the A0 Americana? I still have not received mine.

No way I'm paying more than $150 for a gi.
(Hell, haven't paid more than $110 yet)
That being said, I've never seen a SYR gi in person...
but like the fit and finish of my mantos, atama, and SFC gis versus everything else I've encountered.

I'm not well off enough enough to afford to pay that much for hype...
and I doubt that a SYR gi is 2.5+ times better than what I've got now

Last edited:
So did you get the A0 Americana? I still have not received mine.

No, when Budo said that there would be another wait (possibly 2 months), I took them up on their offer of a refund. Not worth the wait, especially as the quality of the last few batches seems to be a bit patchy, I just thought that I'd rather have my money back.

James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back