Your opinion on Shoyoroll ?

I have to agree on the weave. It is by far my favorite part of the Gi. No one else I am aware of has used that weave. I probably wont order anything with the pearl weave as there is so much other stuff out there to try in a pearl. No one (I know of) has that light gold weave.

Have you ever seen a Naja gold weave?

Nope I have never seen one. How is Naja in the cut and sizing? Do you like it as much as your Ronin?

Ronin Pants are with out a doubt better in every way shape and form. The Quality of the jacket is pretty top notch though. In comparison to the Ronin, the Ronin gets the nod over the Naja. It's slightly more comfortable and $60 less. My review will be up in a few days. The main difference is obviously the weave. The naja gi is very coarse.

Last edited:
Were they sold out? Or did you have a problem ordering with their system? I've had problems ordering thru their system with my old overseas address and so I emailed them and they were more then willing to accomodate me and get my order thru via email. Granted I emailed them during the "window" but I was able to get what I wanted.

I did actually to no avail. This is one of the reasons I really love Scramble, those guys are so helpful in every way shape or form. When their gi went on sale they were extremely helpful to those on FB having problems. I feel like they are truly in it because they have a passion for making great gear and getting it out there, (as opposed to being in it solely for the profit), they are a really down to Earth bunch of dudes.

Shoyoroll is the perfect example for the snob effect that is a phenomenon in economy. It is mainly the desire to own rare and expensive stuff. That stuff has a high value however a low practical value.

I own a lot of GIs.

Howard x 2
Ouano x 2
Fuji
Shoyoroll (Batch 6 and 10)
P&S x 2

To date the only GI that fits me perfectly is the shoyoroll A2. I'm happy with all the others - but none have the cut and fit of the shoyroll. As far as construction and quality - I'd rate it about equal to most other GIs on the market.

Last year Black Friday they had the sale for several hours. This year it is only at 12AM and 12PM PST which totally sucks. They just make it harder and harder to get these things. I was going to buy one but now I'm not really sure.

Last year Black Friday they had the sale for several hours. This year it is only at 12AM and 12PM PST which totally sucks. They just make it harder and harder to get these things. I was going to buy one but now I'm not really sure.

Marketing ploy, plain and simple .

Sell the hype, then limit quantities, sales go up .

What is really dumb IMO is the length of wait time . I mean i would understand if it took that long to make IF it were being custom tailored to fit your body.

But to wait 6 months for someone who trains 4-5 days a week is a long friggin time, no matter how great these things are.

I just don't see it?

you can't get to a computer for a couple minutes during those 2 hours?

I don't have a Shoyo but I do like the look and the idea of batch 11. The preorder thing for certain hours seems kinda like marketing though. Why not take all orders pre paid and then have them made? It's just so people feel like they are getting something "special"

I could see if the gis had ANYTHING special about them..but they dont. They look quite boring, and from all accounts, are about average in quality. I could buy one and sell it for a profit, but I dont even want to deal with SYR. I reject them and their nonsensical tactics.

Back