Your unpopular opinions on music

My unpopular opinion about subjective music is that threads like these accomplish nothing and suck balls themselves.

"God's Plan" is one of the most pedestrian songs in the history of the charts that is mediocre in every possible facet that music can be measured.

Hip-hop became an irrelevant parody of itself and its very reason for existence before we left the 90's. "The Ascent of Stan" by Ben Folds isn't directly about it, but it succinctly distills its demise as a meaningful genre.

Post Malone can't sing for shit, and the majority of the most popular vocalists today can't either. Most-- including him-- aren't even capable enough to earn a solo in a rural high school choir.

Hip-hop became an irrelevant parody of itself and its very reason for existence before we left the 90's. "The Ascent of Stan" by Ben Folds isn't directly about it, but it succinctly distills its demise as a meaningful genre.
disagree - I think Joyner Lucas uses lyrics in a critically relevant way, the way hip hop always had the potential to use them for

Hendrix is the most overrated guitarist I’ve had the displeasure of hearing. I tried for years to like him. As a guitarist, it was assumed I was to worship him.

Terrible, sloppy player.

Pretty much the same with grunge. No respect for musicianship.

Dave Grohl is a tool living off of Nirvana’s name.

"God's Plan" is one of the most pedestrian songs in the history of the charts that is mediocre in every possible facet that music can be measured.

Post Malone can't sing for shit, and the majority of the most popular vocalists today can't either. Most-- including him-- aren't even capable enough to earn a solo in a rural high school choir.
As you get old, your mind can't comprehend new sound. Stick to Judas Priest gramps.

Blue Murder was a great band.

Cranberries zombie is a horrible song
Witchhouse is awesome
Hardbass is awesome
Russian 90s pop music is best pop music

True. Those mouthbreathers ITT saying EDM/Techno suck are clearly dense.

I'm glad John Lennon got shot dead.

He would've been an insufferable prick in these SJW, bleeding heart liberal, woke times.

I absolutely hate the band Ghost and I do not understand how people like them and that includes a decent amount of my friends who love Doom Metal like myself

A lot of people who say they like Jimi Hendrix don’t really like him as much as they claim. They say they do but it’s mainly because he’s just widely recognized as an icon. Personally he’s a bit too meandering with his solos for my taste but I can’t deny his cultural impact and legacy. But IMO saying Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist ever is like saying Royce Gracie is the best martial artist ever. He may have helped set the foundation, but the game has come a long way since then.

SRV >= Jimi

I think Hendrix is done a disservice by viewing him purely as influential in terms of technique, I mean his influence was obviously significant there but really what makes him popular is the quality of the material he created,

As far as how much people like Hendrix I'd guess that's a product of the great variety of his work, some people probably like Hey Joe, Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, All Along The Watchtower, etc but aren't so keen on the less tight material.

I think Hendrix is done a disservice by viewing him purely as influential in terms of technique, I mean his influence was obviously significant there but really what makes him popular is the quality of the material he created,

As far as how much people like Hendrix I'd guess that's a product of the great variety of his work, some people probably like Hey Joe, Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, All Along The Watchtower, etc but aren't so keen on the less tight material.

but he didnt write hey joe or all along the watchtower

but he didnt write hey joe or all along the watchtower

I didn't say he did although both obviously have a significant contribution from him, especially Watchtower which was quite heavily reworked.

He we go:

Nirvana was awesome and grunge has aged fantastically
Prime Lynyrd Skynyrd was the best American band of the classic rock era
Metallica songs were better after they "sold out"

Kid Rock had some bangers in the 90’s. Yes I’m white trash.

As you get old, your mind can't comprehend new sound. Stick to Judas Priest gramps.

dTYFLkE.gif
I just found a bunch of new shit I've been missing out on because I was stuck with old man brain going in circles.

Back