Zookeeper Gabe’s Animal Thread Vol 9.0

australiandogs960.jpg

main_1200.jpg

tumblr_mae2alBzys1qgk2gi.gif

Oh yeah, she was being really dumb and was essentially asking to get hit. That snake was so ready to bite from The beginning and even telegraphed it. This video went around a while ago and I can’t remember is she was trying to get bit or not.

Oh yeah, she was being really dumb and was essentially asking to get hit. That snake was so ready to bite from The beginning and even telegraphed it. This video went around a while ago and I can’t remember is she was trying to get bit or not.

How is the healing going?
Also, have you handled the offending Owl?

How is the healing going?
Also, have you handled the offending Owl?
So far it’s going really well, thanks for asking. I may end up with a scar on my cheek, not sure yet. Haven’t handled her, but I have been feeding her. I’m definitely very wary of her but I need to not be anxious about it because she will pick up on it and react.

So I wanted to share what happened to me on Sunday afternoon. I was feeding my owls (at my second job) and our new female great horned owl decided to launch into my face. I took 4 talons to the right side(one went up my nostril) of my face and two to the left. I was literally an inch away from losing an eye, this bird hasn’t ever shown any aggression towards us and may have been a fluke.
Q3HqTQu.jpg

MMIcZO9.jpg

g58vx0U.png
Hey glad to hear you’re doing better Zookeeper Gabe.

Thanks for your threads.

And that, kids, is why you stay the hell out of the ocean

Fuck me, rough. Actually made my skin crawl, that. I don't dive but I do snorkel a lot and I'm afraid of what shit might be down there - even big, harmless fish freak me out a bit when I first see them.

Back