Law 10 year old American child confesses to killing someone for no reason, can't be charged

Imagine working your way up to homicide as a police officer, catching a case that you would work for weeks/months with others to no avail only for it to come out years later it was the 7yo in the RV with a gun.

Then having to hear for the rest of your career about that time you couldn't catch a 7yo.

Imagine working your way up to homicide as a police officer, catching a case that you would work for weeks/months with others to no avail only for it to come out years later it was the 7yo in the RV with a gun.

Then having to hear for the rest of your career about that time you couldn't catch a 7yo.
Smells like an episode of Dateline.

I don't know exactly how that kid got a hold of that gun at the moment.
Granddad was staying at the same RV park as the victim. Gun was stored in the glove box of his vehicle when the rascal got it.

That law should be changed; kid should be tried and if found guilty, hanged.

Granddad was staying at the same RV park as the victim. Gun was stored in the glove box of his vehicle when the rascal got it.

And apparently the grandfather pawned it after the shooting.

This. No reason why the adult who owned the gun can’t be charged for this. Make them pay for their stupidity and the loss of this man’s life.
What did he do that was so stupid?

The gun wasn't just laying around, wasn't even kept in the RV, the kid didn't even live with the grandfather, he was visiting, and snuck out at 2am when everybody was asleep and prowled through the grandfather's car and found it in the glove box, then just walked into a random RV, shot the guy sleeping, and put the gun back in the glove box and went back to bed.

Weirdest thing is nobody in the RV park woke up from the 2am gunshots to see the kid.

Why ? I don't know exactly how that kid got a hold of that gun at the moment. Maybe that kid is super clever. I dont know how you were as a child but i had an amazing ability to get into shit i wasnt supposed to. Storage laws vary from place to place and I'm not sure I like just automatically charging the nearest adult just because it makes people feel better.

Also , a lot of us over here grew up with access to guns from a young age and yet somehow we knew not to take them out of the house and kill a complete stranger. I'm talking no safe just in drawers closets and under the bed. I'm not sure if the adults in this kids life are monsters or if this kid is just wired in a way that makes him dangerous to other living things or both. That seems like a really wild thing for a kid to even think to do.

It's just the new loophole they've figured out to go after the people they hate.

Maybe "criminally negligent" fits better than "stupid". The gun was obviously readily dischargable and it's apparent that it wasn't secured. This is Texas law, not some lib infested gun nazi state like Commiefornia.

According to Texas Penal Code §46.13, a person commits an offense if a child gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm because the person with criminal negligence:

• Failed to secure the firearm or…
  • Left the firearm in a place where the person knew or should have known the child would have access to the firearm.

The gun wasn't just laying around, wasn't even kept in the RV, the kid didn't even live with the grandfather, he was visiting, and snuck out at 2am when everybody was asleep and prowled through the grandfather's car and found it in the glove box, then just walked into a random RV, shot the guy sleeping, and put the gun back in the glove box and went back to bed.

Weirdest thing is nobody in the RV park woke up from the 2am gunshots to see the kid.

This was posted by the guy's aunt on facebook. Apparently people did hear the gunshots but thought that they were fireworks. The fact the gun was pawned was also talked about.

Maybe "criminally negligent" fits better than "stupid". The gun was obviously readily dischargable and it's apparent that it wasn't secured. This is Texas law, not some lib infested gun nazi state like Commiefornia.

According to Texas Penal Code §46.13, a person commits an offense if a child gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm because the person with criminal negligence:

• Left the firearm in a place where the person knew or should have known the child would have access to the firearm.

There you go, well said by the poon goon.. criminal negligence IS stupidity by the way.

This. No reason why the adult who owned the gun can’t be charged for this. Make them pay for their stupidity and the loss of this man’s life.
Imagine if we did this in regards to foreign policy.

Country A gives weapons to Country B.
Country B uses these weapons to wipe out People C.

Can there be accountability to Country A?

I coached a kid like this. Sixth Grade basketball. I wouldn't turn my back on him. All the other kids were terrified because he would try to hurt them.

His Grandpa took him to the river to swim. He drowned at like 11 years old. I think Grandpa did the World a favor.

Afraid not. Taking the gun out of the house and keeping it out of view in the glove box is considered a reasonable effort. Even in stricter states, you're not getting charged if someone breaks into your car and steals your gun.

This was posted by the guy's aunt on facebook. Apparently people did hear the gunshots but thought that they were fireworks. The fact the gun was pawned was also talked about.
Depends on when it was pawned. Pawned the next day would be sketchy, pawned over 2 years later sounds more like some dude who lives in an RV doing the standard poor people thing to get cash of finding

The best one can probably hope for at this point is that the kid kills again and gets busted for it, but this time the victim happens to be a fellow societal shitstain who deserves it. That would simultaneously rid the world of two undesirables.
Maybe someone could use this psychopath kid to clean the society like a vigilante. Then throw him in a dungeon when he turns 18 or whatever age they can charge him for it.

I coached a kid like this. Sixth Grade basketball. I wouldn't turn my back on him. All the other kids were terrified because he would try to hurt them.

His Grandpa took him to the river to swim. He drowned at like 11 years old. I think Grandpa did the World a favor.
jesus fucking christ... I dont know the full story but damn that grandpa gave zero fucks.

Some people are just born evil. It is what it is

Back