Crime 12 House Republicans voted AGAINST congressional medal for Cops who almost died to save their lives

I see they are much more valuable then some ordinary citizens, well at least the democrats are i guess you mean.

How about this guy.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wc...lding-to-rescue-family-officials-say/35480223

Or her
https://nj1015.com/hero-cop-rushes-into-burning-home-and-saves-homeowner-bluefriday/

Or i can start a long list that got department awards bit nothing from congress. So unless it was truly something special then they deserve department awards of that.

Since when is Pence a democrat? Derp!

Part of becoming a police officer is the reality of this requirement. It’s literally why the job exists.

Yep totally agree. The day in day out responsibility of your average cop is to face a violent mob attempting to stall a national election via violence, solo, and come up with creative solutions to protect the vice president without using violence.

Since when is Pence a democrat? Derp!

If he bitching about giving them a medal. If they went beyond then they deserve department awards unless one of them went so far above it then they deserve this.

If he bitching about giving them a medal. If they went beyond then they deserve department awards unless one of them went so far above it then they deserve this.

me went far beyond. Faced a mob solo, came up with a plan to risk his life to protect the VP and others who were in immediate danger on the fly that worked, didn’t fire his weapon or hurt anyone in the process.

Had he not done this the VP and others could have been killed/harmed and the election would not have been certified that day and this nonsense would have had a reason to continue.

Last edited:
I'm fine with it...

As long as they award every officer that was assaulted last summer.

Maybe take that up with Oregon or Minnesota as those states have authority over those police. The House is the body that gives awards to CAPITOL police.

I know this hurts your little attempt to turn this into an ANTIFA thing.

me went far beyond. Faced a mob solo, came up with a plan to risk his life to protect the VP and others who were in immediate danger on the fly that worked, didn’t fire his weapon or hurt anyone in the process.

Had he not done this the VP and others could have been killed/harmed and the election would not have been certified that day and this nonsense would have had a reason to continue.

So why not a department award like the links i posted. And the reason the Republicans voted against it was the wording.

I tip the guys at chipotle when they do a good job because I want to reinforce that type of work ethic. Granted they are “just doing their job” but what other way can I show my appreciation? This entire Capitol insurrection has shown who the true cowards are in this country because they’d rather defend shitty behavior because it comes from a group they represent.

You all are ducking trash.

Last edited:
Yep totally agree. The day in day out responsibility of your average cop is to face a violent mob attempting to stall a national election via violence, solo, and come up with creative solutions to protect the vice president without using violence.
You have no grasp of anything resembling a big picture of any of the topics that take place here. Everything is phony virtue-signalling.

Wow..... unfreaking believable! Anyone that thinks these guys do not deserve recognition for defending the capital against traitors/insurrectionists is a cunt.

Last time the capital was sacked like that was the British in 1814. You stupid fucks that say "It's just part of the job" are morons.

Maybe take that up with Oregon or Minnesota as those states have authority over those police. The House is the body that gives awards to CAPITOL police.

I know this hurts your little attempt to turn this into an ANTIFA thing.
I'm just all about fairness and equality sherbro.

I'm just all about fairness and equality sherbro.

Then contact people in Oregon other places that defended the city against ANTIFA and other anti-government types. After all, they are the ones responsible for dolling out awards and not members of Congress.

I guess the first responders (Fire, Police and EMS) that died during 9/11 shouldn't be recognized for what they did since they were just doing their jobs being first responders?

Let's see who tries to counter this point.

Then contact people in Oregon other places that defended the city against ANTIFA and other anti-government types. After all, they are the ones responsible for dolling out awards and not members of Congress.

Then why is congress giving these awards and not the department.

It democrats wanting to make this riot the only one remembered. It was just that a riot was it breaking entering. The people that broke in should be charged and also with any assault they committed.

Talk about " pearl clutching " the democrats are showing the way its really done with this riot. But all the others were just protest.

I guess the first responders (Fire, Police and EMS) that died during 9/11 shouldn't be recognized for what they did since they were just doing their jobs being first responders?

Let's see who tries to counter this point.

Let's see the ones that gave their life in 911 got the medal. So are we going to apply that here.

Let's see the ones that gave their life in 911 got the medal. So are we going to apply that here.

They created an award specifically for people that responded when called during 9/11. It's called the 9/11 Heroes of Valor Award.

Did you have an issue with Trump awarded the Public Safety Officers Medal of Valor to the 5 officers who responded to the congressional baseball shooting?

Do you take issue with any of these?
On July 27, 2017, Donald Trump awarded five first responders with the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor for their response to the 2017 Congressional baseball shooting.

On February 20, 2018, Trump again awarded twelve first responders with the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor who have risked "their lives to protect America's citizens and communities."[4]

On September 9, 2019, President Trump again awarded the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor to six police officers and five civilians who responded to the mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas respectively.

I'm all about rewarding police officer for their brave actions, but this is just a dumb symbolic move. They want to put January 6th up there next to Pearl Harbor and are doing everything to convince people it was just as bad. I do like that, in order to support this narrative, Democrats have to say positive things about police officers. Must be hard.

It's not Pearl Harbor, but it is something that has never happened before in the history of the country. It's historically significant, like it or not.

Then why is congress giving these awards and not the department.

It democrats wanting to make this riot the only one remembered. It was just that a riot was it breaking entering. The people that broke in should be charged and also with any assault they committed.

Talk about " pearl clutching " the democrats are showing the way its really done with this riot. But all the others were just protest.

Congress has authority over the Capitol Police, what don't you understand? It's not like DC can give them awards as they are not DC police.

They created an award specifically for people that responded when called during 9/11. It's called the 9/11 Heroes of Valor Award.

Did you have an issue with Trump awarded the Public Safety Officers Medal of Valor to the 5 officers who responded to the congressional baseball shooting?

Do you take issue with any of these?

They all didn't do anything more then other cops that don't get this award. The only exception would be the 911 ones that died.

All in all its not a big deal if they get the award but I think at that level it should mean more. It should be so far above that a department medal will not be enough and this doesn't met that.

And I support the objections over the wording.

Back