20 Super Foods You Need To Build Muscle & Lose Fat

Save the smart ass remarks. Just wondering if anybody tried it.

Save the smart ass remarks? Here's one: Don't be so fucking naive. You pride yourself on being a member here since 2006, yet you end up being nothing more than an annoying, antagonizing poster. I've steered clear of the shit you've stirred so far, and perhaps you get off on your asshole e-personality; irregardless, smarten the fuck up.

Complimentary spoon-feeding here.

In regards to quinoa, is there a disadvantage to using the flaked kind as opposed to its' original form? In its' flaked form it can easily be blended into stuff and when cooked, is analogous to grits in its' consistency.

Shrimp and quinoa sounds like a pretty good alternative to shrimp and grits.

I hadn't seen this thread until now and I wonder why it is not stickied.

In regards to quinoa, is there a disadvantage to using the flaked kind as opposed to its' original form? In its' flaked form it can easily be blended into stuff and when cooked, is analogous to grits in its' consistency.

Shrimp and quinoa sounds like a pretty good alternative to shrimp and grits.

It's kind of like the difference between this and this.

It's kind of like the difference between this and this.

Bleah. I was hoping the analogy would be between rolled oats and steel cut oats.

On a related note I was psyched to find some quinoa pasta. However upon closer inspection it turned out that corn flour made up a significant portion of the ingredients.

I hadn't seen this thread until now and I wonder why it is not stickied.

Theirs TONS of super foods lists. It's hard to name one food P4P higher than another, so it's hard to come up with a definitive list. Like, the variety of benefits of these foods is like comparing apples and oranges. However, some foods are pretty solidly 'healthier' than others, spinach is pretty obviously p4p a better superfood than lettus. I doubt their's anyone who would benefit more from spinach than lettus.

My list of superfoods is highly specific to my body and my goals. I think the main purpose of these superfood lists is to convey the science and importance of these foods, and that's why I read every one. Usually each list has one food which I never considered a 'super food'.

Just got some fresh trout that I'll have for breakfast tomorrow.

I havent read the whole article yet, but they say "Red meat consumption ranged from a low of less than an ounce a day, on average, to a high of four ounces a day" - what? of all the people in the study, a high was 4 ounces a day on average? That's pretty much nothing. One good steak would be 4 days worth of red meat for the people who ate the MOST red meat in the entire study? They were all probably dying because they werent getting enough!

How are you cooking it? I always fuck up fish.

I put it in a bag with flour, garlic salt and some other spices, shook it around to coat the fish, then just fried it up in some butter man.

Too complicated boys. Frying pan, butter, flour, spices. 5 mins, till the skin starts separating easily from the meat and you're done.

For trout, that is.

Back