200 kg bench press - clean or juicing?

I know there's some haters when it comes to his technique, but check out Daiki Kodama repping 200 at a measly 73kg bodyweight :eek:

lol - the fuck he doesn't know who I am.
What creeps me out most about the fuck is he makes every excuse to "chat" to me every chance he gets.

If he just did his fucking training and fucked off that would be swell.
But he needs acknowledgement every time you pass him in the fucking street or its like a personal insult - ya'll know the type of meat head, I'm sure.

Maybe ya'll are right, he is clean and he's naturally huge and strong without gear which I know to be true cause it runs in his (inbred) family.

I've considered fucking his daughter (and yes she does want muh dick) but I honestly don't think she's on my level, and it might do more harm than good in that, I'd be more afraid that instead of pissing the fuckface off and making fuck off, he'd begin to think of me as part of the family.

If his daughter was hot enough I'd probably smash, but she's just on the edge and that trailer trash personality - AW LAWD!!
hmmmmm, you come across....... not so unmeatheadedy either

A friend of mine, who is obviously not the norm, even for powerlifting standards, benched 200kg/441lbs @ 79.5kg bodyweight at 51 years old in a USAPL meet. This is with two shot shoulders and already passed his prime after competing for nearly 20 years at a high level. I've seen his toy with 435 @ 165 lbs for a double in training and he was already in his mid 40s by then. He would only bench once a week at the time due to his bad shoulders. His technique was pretty old school. He barely arched with elbows flared out the entire time, although he did bench at max width grip. He competed single ply 90% of his career, but he's benched in the upper 400s raw at 165 at his absolute prime. He was the kingpin IPF bencher at 75kg until Daiki Kodama came to the scene and blew everyone out of the water.

Natty?

No idea, but my guess would be yes. He's likely been tested many times.

I can never say someone is 100% clean for sure, but I think he truly was clean. He's also been tested numerous times by the IPF and USAPL. He is just strong AF and built to bench. Short, short arms, wide frame and jacked.

4olx7cc17q251.png

Here's a distribution of raw powerlifting bench numbers. You are within the top 1% of male lifters if you can bench over 450 lbs. Mind you, these would be to strict powerlifting standard and not gym benching with a bounce.

That's a pretty cool chart. Off the top of my head the 5 below Maddox are Mendleson, Spoto, Henderson, Sarychev and I think Maddox friend that hit it recently. Can't remember his name or if it was 700 or not. A guy I went to school with Chad Kalikimoku from elementary school all the way through college is in the 650+ club. One of the few that hit 650 at 275. I still remember in elementary school he was the only kid that could throw the swing around the pole twice in one throw at the playground, lol.

It would be cool if they did this per weight class. I'm currently just a peasant in the top 24.4%. I need to break into that top 10.8% club, but my training or lack thereof has been shit lately.

I still remember in elementary school he was the only kid that could throw the swing around the pole twice in one throw at the playground, lol.

I think this strength display was overlooked in the "upper body strength" thread. Obviously a top contender.

That's definitely well within a reasonable weight to bench press without steroids. I'm close to that weight and I'm benching just below that amount. Another couple years training and I could be there. I know for a fact I'm not juicing.

Guys are benching way more than that. It's really not that heavy once you get into real strength training and past gym bro training.
500 is very rare. Everyone I know that has done it is juicing out of their mind. So I'm not exactly sure where the line is but I know you can break 400 natural.

200kg is doable natural (i assume) at least if you're gifted.

A friend of mine benched 155kg at the age of 21 and he's rather short being 175cm tall, although he has rather short arms, at 170cm of reach.
(The average ratio for a male is 1:1)

His frame isn't naturally big either, his joints are pretty small, thus i'm fairly certain that someone who's got the right frame (being a big, stocky guy, ideally with rather short arms) and enough lifting and training experience can bench 200kg.

EDIT: Here are pictures of the friend i've been talking about:
20200611_154555.jpg 20200611_154617.jpg

Last edited:
200kg is doable natural (i assume) at least if you're gifted.

A friend of mine benched 155kg at the age of 21 and he's rather short being 175cm tall, although he has rather short arms, at 170cm of reach.
(The average ratio for a male is 1:1)

His frame isn't naturally big either, his joints are pretty small, thus i'm fairly certain that someone who's got the right frame (being a big, stocky guy, ideally with rather short arms) and enough lifting and training experience can bench 200kg.

EDIT: Here are pictures of the friend i've been talking about:
View attachment 775341 View attachment 775342
That's impressive given his frame, while maintaining relatively low body fat too. I can't help but compare people's joints too, so I subconsciously grade the impressiveness of lifts on a curve based on their bone structure lol. That's why guys like Taylor Atwood amaze me.

That's impressive given his frame, while maintaining relatively low body fat too. I can't help but compare people's joints too, so I subconsciously grade the impressiveness of lifts on a curve based on their bone structure lol. That's why guys like Taylor Atwood amaze me.

Yeah it is! He eats a fuckton of protein as well. When cutting down, like above 200 grams a day...

Agree with you on the joints, lol - it's something people take far top seldom into consideration in general: Adesanya is tall and long for a middleweight for example, but with his thin bones, he's still not a big guy for the weightclass.

As for Taylor Atwood: his joints don't seem small to me from what i've seen on pictures - but apparently he's super short so who knows, hehe.

I'm not too familiar with weight- and powerlifters in general..

This dude claims natty. His squat and deadlift aren't astronomical so its possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back