2021 motor racing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

They should ditch that shit race or have it with less points lol

They should ditch that shit race or have it with less points lol
Its probably great to watch if you live in Monaco and stuff but not sure how much of the track they are able to change. Apart from Monaco country/city/town limits get bigger and they can build new track outside the town?

Its probably great to watch if you live in Monaco and stuff but not sure how much of the track they are able to change. Apart from Monaco country/city/town limits get bigger and they can build new track outside the town?
The people living there are rich enough to go to any other race world wide, fuck them they don't their own. :D

That was a pretty uneventful race. Which was great for redbull. Merc got the strategy wrong. I could be wrong, but I think part of the problem for Bottas having issues with tire changes is due to his driving style. He probably isn’t as smooth as he should be around the circuit and hence the tires take some work to get off. Not sure is this botch had anything to do with it. That was just ridiculous. I don’t remember ever seeing that. I’ve seen nuts threaded improperly, not threaded at all, wrong tires going on, mixed sets etc. Never they had to retire for not getting a tire off.

Great podium! & Good stuff from Sebastian!

Lmao wow Merc absolutely dropped the ball for both drivers. Out of the race for Bottas and Lewis drops 3 places.
Good, fuck them and princess lewis, complaining the whole race on radio since he wasn't in his usual comfortable position.

Glad to see Norris get a podium at least. That's about the only positive thing I can think to say....

Rough weekend for Merc. Seems like Hamilton was exposed a bit. No front runner, no Teammate = loses position.

Rough weekend for Merc. Seems like Hamilton was exposed a bit. No front runner, no Teammate = loses position.

To me, Monaco GP is won in qualifying more than the race itself. There's nowhere to overtake unless someone spins out or crashes.

"I lost position to Perez????"

Just killed me the way he said Perez like it was so unbelievable lol. Most tilted I've ever heard Lewis.

It will be interesting to see max drive as the WDC leader. Will he have more confidence now that he is leading? Will he be tentative? Will there be little or no change? I’m sure it is different if you are now the hunted as opposed to the Hunter. Let’s see.

I expect lewis to be his main challenger and he has seen it all. Leader, down in points and stayed on course. It’s a long season.

funny enough we go to another road course in Azerbaijan. But the overtaking is more available.

I wouldn’t say he was exposed. Not sure what there is to expose. There are some opportunities to overtake, but minimal. The race is won in the pits for the most part, and strategy.

Seems like Wolff is throwing Bottas under the bus a bit.

“Valtteri stopped a little too early. This meant that the mechanic had to apply the impact wrench at an angle. The awkward angle damaged the wheel nut and we couldn’t bring it down.”

Reading between the lines, you can imagine that Mercedes may be preparing to move Bottas along. Here’s the pit stop. I’d say Wolff is electively framing it this way whereas he could have just as easily (more-so IMO) criticized the mechanic for not making the necessary adjustment.

I wouldn’t say he was exposed. Not sure what there is to expose. There are some opportunities to overtake, but minimal. The race is won in the pits for the most part, and strategy.

The race is really won or lost in qualifying. If other teams can block your run, you can't do well. Mercedes has always had strategy problems at Monte Carlo. You can't pit and let the cars behind you have clear track to make up time.

Lewis did set the fastest lap time in the race when he got clear track in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back