2021 Tour De France

Who takes it?

• Total voters
van Aert or perhaps Küng winning today or will Pogacar make it 3 out of 3 from last 3 Tour ITT's? Course is more flat than the first ITT which should suit bigger bois.
It’s almost a bit odd that they’ve placed such a flat TT this late. Perhaps they were soured on the way it ended last year.

Well, Pogacar got his second win in a row. Time for the tour to do everything they can route-wise to upset the momentum. Add cobbles. Add TTT. Add more stages with mountain starts.

With no reason to go all out on the TT I think Vingegaard did really good. Disappointing performance from Küng imo.

Total Pogacar domination, next year going for all the jerseys?

Great sprint in Paris from van Aert, it sure looked like that the appendix surgery had some effect on his preparation and he was not fully in form during the first week.

But the real winners of this tour were Alpecin-Fenix imo. 6 days in yellow and 2 stage wins that could have easily been 3, I dont understand why did they have the fastest man in the whole tour Tim Merlier on leadout duty at stage 6.

apart from some peripheral competitions of interest, race was boring.

bring on the Vuelta. no way, poja car wins that too unless he has access to 'marginal gains' and 'jiffy bags'.

During a short and somewhat stunted press conference on Monday, the race leader was asked about his credibility, given the almost untouchable nature of his performances so far.

"I think we have many controls to prove them wrong," Pogačar said at the time. "I know, for example, that yesterday, I had three controls in one day – two before the stage and one after. So I think that gives enough weight to prove them wrong."

Matxin added that his team leader’s performances were in line with his winning ride last year and that any doubt over his riders were simply a matter of opinion.

"I go back to his numbers from last year – they’re practically the same – and the controls he has to submit. But it’s a matter of opinion and I’m not going to go there," he said.

During a short and somewhat stunted press conference on Monday, the race leader was asked about his credibility, given the almost untouchable nature of his performances so far.

"I think we have many controls to prove them wrong," Pogačar said at the time. "I know, for example, that yesterday, I had three controls in one day – two before the stage and one after. So I think that gives enough weight to prove them wrong."

Matxin added that his team leader’s performances were in line with his winning ride last year and that any doubt over his riders were simply a matter of opinion.

"I go back to his numbers from last year – they’re practically the same – and the controls he has to submit. But it’s a matter of opinion and I’m not going to go there," he said.
They’re all playing the same game. He’s just doing it the best

Anyone here ever consider that Pogacar could be a once in a generation Greg LeMond type rider?

lol that's just what Lance always said!
but yea, who knows.

No, just no. Lance was losing 7mins to Indurain in TdF TTs when he was on the same shit. Pogacar has always been the best talent. People here forgetting that he was 20 and winning stages in the 3rd week of the vuelta including a 40km solo. Lance never did anything like that.

Anyone here ever consider that Pogacar could be a once in a generation Greg LeMond type rider?
It’s possible. I’m hesitant because I bought all in on the Egan Bernal train. Pogacar is definitely special. 2 tour wins would be an excellent career. Except it feels like he’s just getting started.

A natural born talent.
Brilliant!

I think it's understandable we tend to be skeptical of this type of performance after all the shady shit that has gone down over the years.
Let's hope our belief system is not torpedoed yet again.

With less doping you expect the time gaps to be bigger. When everyone was on the same watts/kg during the 2000s doped era then no one could stand out (except for maybe Contadope).

A lot of people said the Tour sucked this year. Idk, it had its moments. Hopefully next year is much better. Thanks to all who’ve posted in this thread. I would’ve given out more likes had i not gotten double-yellows. Peace and love.
image.jpg

Anyone else looking forward to the Olympic road race? Race course looks awesome.

I'm thinking A Slovenian or Evenepoel takes it.

Back