Crime 6 dead, including 4 children, in Ottawa mass killing

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a tragic story.

ST_WILLIAMS_BARRHAVEN_clean_(1).jpg

Febrio De-Zoysa, 19, charged with 1st-degree murder and attempted murder​

Six people including a mother, her four young children and a family acquaintance were killed inside a townhouse in the south Ottawa suburb of Barrhaven late Wednesday night.

During a media briefing Thursday afternoon, Ottawa police Chief Eric Stubbs said there were initially two calls to 911 around 10:52 p.m. local time Wednesday.

He said first responders arrived within minutes to the home on Berrigan Drive near Palmadeo Drive, a residential area close to two schools.

Police have identified five of the victims as a family of newcomers to Canada from Sri Lanka:

35-year-old mother Darshani Banbaranayake Gama Walwwe Darshani Dilanthika Ekanayake.
Seven-year-old son Inuka Wickramasinghe.
Four-year-old daughter Ashwini Wickramasinghe.
Two-year-old daughter Rinyana Wickramasinghe.
Two-month-old daughter Kelly Wickramasinghe.

Every father’s worst nightmare come true. Knowing this country, the scumbag will be handled with kid gloves by the justice system.

35-year-old mother Darshani Banbaranayake Gama Walwwe Darshani Dilanthika Ekanayake.
Another man, 40-year-old Amarakoonmubiayansela Ge Gamini Amarakoon,
<Moyes5>

Any Canadians or other anti death penalty people at least agree that the death penalty should brought back or given out in cases of an adult stabbing little kids to death, and not pretend that some psychopaths can't be rehabilitated and aren't worth the effort to pretend otherwise? I mean you convince yourself that maybe it was some dispute that got way out of hand and 1 person took it too far, if it's 2 adults with some history, but if you stab an entirely family with small kids, that's a wrap for you.

Very sad.

Hopefully our country doesn't continue to see the increase in violent crimes that historically comes with massive waves of immigration. Murder rate has been increasing heavily since 2020.
There have been murders recently in PEI and none of them involved immigrants as far as I am aware.

Check this out,

It agrees with your assertion that the rate of homicide has increased over the last few years. It doesn't say anything about numbers of immigrants contributing to the increase in any significant way--rather it paints gang and youth violence in that light, so how about some data to support your assertion (and instead of just anecdotes about individuals)?

Another man, 40-year-old Amarakoonmubiayansela Ge Gamini Amarakoon,

<Moyes5>

Any Canadians or other anti death penalty people at least agree that the death penalty should brought back or given out in cases of an adult stabbing little kids to death, and not pretend that some psychopaths can't be rehabilitated and aren't worth the effort to pretend otherwise? I mean you convince yourself that maybe it was some dispute that got way out of hand and 1 person took it too far, if it's 2 adults with some history, but if you stab an entirely family with small kids, that's a wrap for you.

I've always agreed with the death penalty. Haven't heard much support for it from others though.

There have been murders recently in PEI and none of them involved immigrants as far as I am aware.

Check this out,

It agrees with your assertion that the rate of homicide has increased over the last few years. It doesn't say anything about numbers of immigrants contributing to the increase in any significant way--rather it paints gang and youth violence in that light, so how about some data to support your assertion (and instead of just anecdotes about individuals)?

You don't think the increase in violence by immigrant gangs has anything to do with immigration?

Back