A weird thing about the Jiri fight

all im sayin is that ortega landed like a 'murderous fucking psycopath' and didnt need to keep on swinging and banging.

just sayin.
big deal

BIG DEAL

Rakic literally turned his back to Jiri once he started to get hit hard. I get that it's not fun to get hit in the face, but that's what you train for as a fighter.
Because he had felt this constant pressure the whole fight and so when he got hurt he knew he was in serious danger for what was gonna come next and kinda panicked. Its nothing against him. That kinda pressure will get to most people.

the fight is three rounds, not one or two, rak needed to put jiri away early or keep jiri at bay for three rounds to win. He couldnt do that.

it's not much different than fighters that rely on cardio to break down their opponents, Jiri relies on forward pressure

the fight is three rounds, not one or two, rak needed to put jiri away early or keep jiri at bay for three rounds to win. He couldnt do that.

it's not much different than fighters that rely on cardio to break down their opponents, Jiri relies on forward pressure
But Jiri's cardio also has to be really good to make that style work. Hes able to go 5 rounds like that. Fuckin insane.

But Jiri's cardio also has to be really good to make that style work. Hes able to go 5 rounds like that. Fuckin insane.

Jiri is a true samurai/berserker.

Problem is, once his chin and cardio is gone, that style won't cut it anymore, and hopefully he will either change the style or win everything he wanted before that happens (due to mileage/age etc)

Jiri is a true samurai/berserker.

Problem is, once his chin and cardio is gone, that style won't cut it anymore, and hopefully he will either change the style or win everything he wanted before that happens (due to mileage/age etc)
Yeah but its not really a problem. If he has 5 or 6 more fights its already a hell of a career, was actually the champion and made an impact on this sport.

Just hope he doesnt have CTE problems later in life.

Hard to say because Jiri’s style is come get some brother.

He doesn’t care about defense, he was unbothered by anything Rakic did

Jiri has an incredible chin. One that goes, it’s going to be bad for him. He gets pieced up every fight.
sadly this. we must enjoy it while we can, while praying the gods grant him some form of defense, head movement until that fated time comes and betrays us all.

Jiri has intangibles that can't be taught. I'm not even sure he watches tape or understands his opponent's tendencies, so that he can defend. He focuses on himself, what he knows he can do, and uses sheer will to overcome every situation he meets. He fights like a true samurai, prepared for anything and able to adapt.

Idk that we really understand how good is Jiri. It makes you wonder how he'd fare if he trained and prepared like a normal fighter, but maybe if he were going about it that way, he wouldn't be the fighter he is. Special guy, we don't get many like him.

I generally agree, bud. However, I'm pretty sure Samurai were a bit more focused on defense, because if they got hit as often as Jiri does they'd look like this.
making-sausage-12-large-pile-045576556_prevstill.jpeg

Not sure what's so weird about this. This is quite normal

Jiri-san is a samurai whose will to win is extreme. I knew he was something special when I first saw him fight Nemkov in Rizin.

I generally agree, bud. However, I'm pretty sure Samurai were a bit more focused on defense, because if they got hit as often as Jiri does they'd look like this.
making-sausage-12-large-pile-045576556_prevstill.jpeg
True dat. His main shield is his will to overcome.

Heart, as weveryone is saying but also: Rakic's chin is not outstanding.

Back