After watching Smith vs Gus, I'm not convinced that Jones runs through the PRIDE LHW division.

Gus is the second best win on Jon's resume and the guy that arguably beat prime Jones......who just got finished by a MW journeyman.

I think the prime versions of Shogun, Hendo, Wand, Reem, Arona, Lil Nog etc. give Jones a run for his money and may even beat him in a tournament format under PRIDE rules.

I used to think that Jones was too good for all of them, but now I've changed my mind after seeing just how shit his competition really is.

I also used to think that Jones vs prime Fedor was a 50-50 fight, but now I'm 90% sure that Fedor would've laid him the fuck out.

Dude, bottom line is this...he stopped gus...and he won every round against smith...and the fact is, smith was losing badly against gus...if it wasn't for that fluky bad judo flip attempt by gus, he would have went on to win a UD...I didn't give smith one round...

What are you talking about?

The only elite PRIDE LHW he fought was Shogun, who was 6 years past his prime and coming off several serious knee injuries.

Even Vitor almost snapped his arm in half on short notice.

you're talking about a vitor loaded on steroids...and the fact is vitor got stopped and submitted...he was beat easy...vitor had jones in arm bar...then jones picked him and slammed him....coming close to submitting jones? that's assuming something not in evidence...

Jones would be even more deadly in PRIDE.

Bad call TS.

Jones fought old farts, bloated up MWs, shit fighters.

Gus was 50/50 (first fight), but his only decent win is fat Cormier.

Even Conors resume is better.

you say cormier's record is better? ummmm, jones beat him twice. haha...that kinda eliminates anything dc does...and machida was the LH champion...he only went down in weight, cause he lost to jones...he needed a new start...it's funny how guys are still finding excuses for jones' wins...haha

If you want to act like a wild speculation that a dominant champion wouldn’t succeed in a far gone era is a win, then fine. You’re definitely wrong though, but whatever makes you feel better.

I can’t stand Jones either, but clearly he’s miles ahead of any light heavyweight ever.

you say cormier's record is better? ummmm, jones beat him twice. haha...that kinda eliminates anything dc does...and machida was the LH champion...he only went down in weight, cause he lost to jones...he needed a new start...it's funny how guys are still finding excuses for jones' wins...haha

its sad how salty they are

Prime Shogun and Ranoage give Jones a good fight, but you have to favor Jones over all the Pride MWs. Prime Wand has a chance for KO versus ANYONE, but you have to favor Jones heavily in that fight due to size.

Jones gets mauled by Prime Fedor, Nog & Cro Cop though.

I see jones taking cro cop down and either stopping him with elbows or submitting him...pretty dam easy...when jones doesn't want you to strike, he has a way of clinching you to not allow it...nog would get tooled on the feet and ground and pounded...while nog was good with his bjj, he got taken down pretty easy...and jones wouldn't get caught in any submissions. and he would have beat the shit out of nog on the ground...Now fedor is a bit different...I tend to think this fight would be mostly fought on the feet...I tend to think jones' reach and height would keep him away from fedor...I see it going the distance...it might favor fedor, with his aggression...

Im pretty sure Jones himself would say you are wrong. Before his second fight with DC he even said he thinks his win over Gus was bigger than his win over DC. He shared the cage with Gus, you dont. He knows how good he was compared to rest of his opponents better than you do. Deal with it.
There are absolutely zero quotes of Jon Jones saying Gus was his second best win. He said Gus was his toughest challenge but never his biggest win.

We need a minimal logic threshold for threads like these

I don’t expect anything of the sort in the political threads but bullshit like this is just ridiculous

Gus on his way out the door looked like shit so because that’s Jones second best win, 8 years before or whatever that means something about Pride that’s been gone for 12 years

Stfu already

I do believe that some of those guys would not have been easy nights for Jones, but your obvious troll post has some pretty big holes like the facts that Jones already dominated Smith and his first fight against Gus was not his prime.

Gus is the second best win on Jon's resume and the guy that arguably beat prime Jones......who just got finished by a MW journeyman.

I think the prime versions of Shogun, Hendo, Wand, Reem, Arona, Lil Nog etc. give Jones a run for his money and may even beat him in a tournament format under PRIDE rules.

I used to think that Jones was too good for all of them, but now I've changed my mind after seeing just how shit his competition really is.

I also used to think that Jones vs prime Fedor was a 50-50 fight, but now I'm 90% sure that Fedor would've laid him the fuck out.
Could you imagine a pride Jones fighting unlimited use of PEDs and banned substances Jon Jones will be unbeatable in probably would be regarded as the greatest fighter of all time.... oh wait all of that I just stated just happened already forget it

His ufc record? When he was clearly past his prime? Come on you've been a fan long enough to know better.
Please- it's not like he came over here " several years past his prime " . He ,still, came over at a time where big things were still expected from him. That did not happen. If you're being a fair person and you were to rate his overall performance once he got here then " disappointing " would be a completely fair word.

With the hoopla surrounding him, winning 2/3rds of his fights would be acceptable from his legion of fans ( going 2-1 in every 3 or hell - low 60 percents).

I calls em as I sees em.

We learned very quick that any type of counter puncher " could" put him out ...and rather easily (from what I remember).

Wanderlei Silva fans are some of the more delusional fans out there.

Gus was his second best win? Gus never held a UFC belt or Pride belt in his life LOL. Jones defeated Machida, Rashad , Rampage and Shogun who were all champs and all time greats.

I think what you are seeing is how great Jon is and are VERY confused. Belts change hands all the time because it's impossible to keep them in a sport where anyone can win in any given night at this level.

I also think you are ignoring Jones tools and don't really know what you are watching.

What are you talking about?

The only elite PRIDE LHW he fought was Shogun, who was 6 years past his prime and coming off several serious knee injuries.

Even Vitor almost snapped his arm in half on short notice.

You mean Shogun the UFC champion that beat Machida the previous fight?
Ending the "Machida era"? You know ending Machidas undefeated record.
Lot of people though he won the first fight too...
JBJ had 6 weeks between fights not even time for a full camp..

<YeahOKJen>

Vitor the BLACK BELT almost... riped his are off.
JBJ the WHITE BELT DID submit Vitor..

His ufc record? When he was clearly past his prime? Come on you've been a fan long enough to know better.
You got my interest up so I went and retrieved delineate records. Wanderlei came over at age 30 ( but his " 30" had violent mileage behind it.Ill give that much) and was 4-7 in UFC . I wasnt even aware of that ( I thought he was like 6-5 ).
This speaks volumes about his fight IQ and he was far FAR from an old man.

After awhile, you are what you are.

Jones is an incredible fighter and destroys almost any LHW in history.

Jones is a horrible match up for anyone that's ever fought.

He has too many weapons that he can use on his terms
He neutralizes his opponents strengths and beats them at their own game.
This dude has so many dimensions compared to the average fighter.
His wrestling, striking, reach and killer instinct combines have produced what we have seen, people getting dissected.
This guy is perfected suited for destroying people at 205 and has expanded on his physical advantages like no other.
He has fighters brain and instincts!

People really don’t respect Anthony Smith, eh?

That kid is dangerous when he is aggressive. I want to see a rematch with JJ tbh

who just got finished by a MW journeyman.
So much ignorance and disrespect.
If a fighter makes weight at lhw, he's not a middleweight anymore.
Smith is tough as they come, stop shitting on fighters.

People really don’t respect Anthony Smith, eh?

That kid is dangerous when he is aggressive. I want to see a rematch with JJ tbh

Back