AI Cover Songs actually worth listening to

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like most when hearing that AI can emulate singers performances, I thought 'well thats going to be a trend that quickly dies off.'

But over the past few days I've listened to many of them and they're a mix bag, but there's actually a few I thought emulated the original singers very accurately... frighteningly accurately in some cases.

Like Chester Bennington (RIP) covering Evanescence's 'Going Under.'

A very unique remix of Metallica's 'Spit Out The Bone' off their 2016 album Hardwired, but with the production & tuning of 1989's And Justice For All Album, with AI singing of James Hetfield & Jason Newsted of that era. This is far better than anything off their recent album.

There's actually many versions of James Hetfeld voice throughout the years singing different versions of his songs.

M.Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold covering My Chemical Romance's 'Welcome To The Black Parade.'

Johnny Cash covering 'The Sound Of Silence' that's closer to the Disturbed version.

And there's numerous gag voices like Cartman & Butters of South Park, or Spongebob. But the closest I've heard that I could take seriously is Hank Hill, of King Of The Hill, singing 'Country Roads' by John Denver.

So have you guys heard any that are pretty close to the originals that are worth listening to?

Not really into AI covers much, but this Frank Sinatra AI voice cover appeared on my algorithm the other day. <mma4>

Not really into AI covers much, but this Frank Sinatra AI voice cover appeared on my algorithm the other day. <mma4>

<SelenaWow>

That's one of the best versions of 'What A Wonderful World' I've heard.

Edit - And this just popped up in my suggestions.

2.2 million views in a month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oku
I haven't heard any AI songs (that I know of) until I saw this thread so I wasn't sure what to expect. Damn. I'm shocked at how good some of them are. If I didn't know that some of the combos were impossible (singer dead before the song was written) and I heard them on my car radio I'd be convinced they were real.

It even does a decent job with someone like Tarja whose voice is pretty unique and hard to get right.

Back