Law Airport executive shot in firefight with federal agents at his home in Arkansas

Good thing they didn’t try and get this guy in public where he could have opened fire injuring or killing innocent pedestrians.

Because he has a violent criminal history?

Assuming your home is being invaded before daylight by potentially unknown people and taking reasonable actions to defend it not something you support?

Assuming your home is being invaded before daylight by potentially unknown people and taking reasonable actions to defend it not something you support?
You’re assuming that is why he opened fire on the police.

I was wondering If the recently adopted redefinitions of private party sales needing to be done through an FFL applied here. I believe it did. BATF was clearly making an example out of this straw purchaser by using the most egregious, dangerous, and unnecessary no knock entry possible. They deserve to have their own getting shot if they want to play like they’re the fucking special forces and do this stupid shit.

You’re assuming that is why he opened fire on the police.

Based on the time the warrant was served is there something wrong with making that assumption?

It's not like warrants being served like this haven't also resulted in similar shootings.

I was wondering If the recently adopted redefinitions of private party sales needing to be done through an FFL applied here. I believe it did. BATF was clearly making an example out of this straw purchaser by using the most egregious, dangerous, and unnecessary no knock entry possible. They deserve to have their own getting shot if they want to play like they’re the fucking special forces and do this stupid shit.

That was in the works last year right? I don't even know that it was absolutely finalized just yet. But it probably did play a role in them going after him.

Based on the time the warrant was served is there something wrong with making that assumption?

It's not like warrants being served like this haven't also resulted in similar shootings.
It’s still just an assumption.

It’s still just an assumption.

I don't disagree. My question was is there something wrong with making it based on what we know from historical ATF actions and this current fiasco?

The bandwagon of fully supporting a Federal agency not exactly known for being fair or not taking extreme actions when not necessary.

I support serving deserved search warrants. You haven't shown something other than that took place.

I guess folks really do read whatever they feel like in comments here . . . . not sure how you've arrived at this response based on what I've said. I didn't say anything about serving a warrant without him noticing them. I said serve the warrant at some point other than before daylight on the guy's home where he has easy access to a bunch of firearms.

I said it read like he was erratic when he noticed someone was following him . . . not that he was erratic specifically in response to seeing the ATF.

Your comments are being read just fine. No unbiased person should have any issue with taking care of the situation isolated on his property and not in public where he's acting erratically.

Do you understand what is meant by show of force? It can me arriving in an overwhelming manner with a large number of officers. It doesn't always imply a forceful response.

Imagine if the ATF would simply provide the type of warrant being served so we could all know for sure what lead up to the shooting.

I do. Once again, agents arrived to execute a search warrant. Standard procedure when dealing with criminals.

Your love for this criminal is hilarious and has gotten to the point where you're creating scenarios in your head.

You need to get these coins off the street.

I don't disagree. My question was is there something wrong with making it based on what we know from historical ATF actions and this current fiasco?
I didn’t say there’s anything wrong with it but we don’t know what happened. We don’t even know if ot was a no knock warrant.

Imagine the backlash if they tried taking him in public and that led to pedestrians being shot or injured or a high speed chase. Everyone would be saying “why didn’t they arrest him at his house?”

Yep . . . potentially straw purchases . . . and "selling without a license". Apparently private sales needed more bad press.

So the guy was an illegal arms dealer who sold to felons and gang members. And after ATF announced they had a search warrant (your story says it was NOT a no knock raid) he opened fire.

Glad the piece of shit dealer was the only one killed. Guy made over 150 illegal sales and they found his guns with gangs members and armed robbers.

buying and selling guns is not illegal.
Being in the business of buying and selling guns without an FFL is most definitely federally illegal (even if the law has piss poor wording, I think we can agree 150 gun sales and having a traveling booth at gun shows is being in the business)

That was in the works last year right? I don't even know that it was absolutely finalized just yet. But it probably did play a role in them going after him.
I’m not sure about the definition.
But I do know

Auto key cards
Forced reset trigger
Bump stock
Pistol braces
And solvent traps they have all tried to alter their own definitions of what constitutes firearm, machine gun, rifle stock, etc.

I am waiting to see what comes out of this deal.

So the guy was an illegal arms dealer who sold to felons and gang members. And after ATF announced they had a search warrant (your story says it was NOT a no knock raid) he opened fire.

Glad the piece of shit dealer was the only one killed. Guy made over 150 illegal sales and they found his guns with gangs members and armed robbers.

He definitely should've just paid for an FFL. Selling a few privately is one thing, but buying multiple of the same firearm and then selling them within 24 hours is pretty stupid.

I guess I missed the update or part where they specified it wasn't a no-knock.

Whatever you say dude . . . you've chosen to be fairly obtuse this entire exchange.

Feel free to post anything that would suggest that. You're upset that you've looked completely ridiculous in this thread.

You've done nothing but lie and create scenarios without knowing what happened:

Or grab him on the way to work?

It's not like barging into a house is the only way folks have been arrested (regardless of wealth or social status).

I haven't verified whether it was a no-knock warrant or not, but it does sound like it was an announce and enter with force from what I've seen online. No word on what was in the warrant.

I think the family was just trying to point out that this guy wasn't a known felon with a troubling criminal history. Nothing I've read shows that this couldn't have been handled during daylight hours without such a show of force.

I've already said a bunch of times that I don't know anything more than the rest of you . . . the actual details BASED ON WHAT IS KNOWN shows that the ACTED like this guy was some violent felon who deserved to be served a search warrant that would make the mafia proud.

So what, I'm supposed to jump on board the ATF bandwagon with you and praise them for their actions?

Do you not think that he possibly noticed or thought he was being followed as a reason to drive erratically? Outside of that what have you heard to cause you to believe this guy was the equivalent of some mob boss that warranted such a show of force?

Once again, any proof that the ATF did anything but show up to execute a deserved search warrant to a criminal?

Let's find out how "obtuse" you are.

Back