Media Alex Pereira Says He's Fighting vs Jiri Prochazka NEXT - "Giving Up" On Moving To Heavyweight

Wins over who? Walker, Smith, old Santos? Good wins I suppose but nothing that screams title shot worthy. Rakic is a bigger win than anything Ankalaev has ever done.
He beat the guys they put in front of him. He deserves a shot. That's tough shit for everybody. You can't make a guy beat 10 dudes and say awww those weren't the right dudes. They gotta open the pussy now and give ank the shot.

Ankalaev is what on 11 fight unbeaten streak?
I think Poatan wants to stay active may be? Otherwise its horseshit.

Actually Ankalaev is way more solid. Jiri is just an anime protagonist that gets stronger the more his opponent beats him up
How can you say "just"

Yer being real Anthony Smith right now

He beat the guys they put in front of him. He deserves a shot. That's tough shit for everybody. You can't make a guy beat 10 dudes and say awww those weren't the right dudes. They gotta open the pussy now and give ank the shot.
He hasn't beat 10 dudes consecutively. He went to a draw with Jan and almost got DQ'd against Walker. He's on a 1 fight win streak, same as Jiri.

Also, he DID get a title shot and he blew it.

He hasn't beat 10 dudes consecutively. He went to a draw with Jan and almost got DQ'd against Walker. He's on a 1 fight win streak, same as Jiri.

Also, he DID get a title shot and he blew it.
He didnt blow it at all actually. He got injured.

Ank is on a 10 fight win streak that should be 12 fights actually

The champ doesn't wait on anybody.

Or to speak in your words. If they open up the pussy and Ank can't get hard, somebody else gets the shot.

He didnt blow it at all actually. He got injured.
What was the injury? I haven't heard of this. If he got injured because he decided to stand with Jan for 3 rounds before he remembered he could wrestle that's on him.

That's some high level ducking.. - I want to fight again soon but bring me another striker that I already KOed lol.. But he's a warrior and wants to fight often lol
Maybe Ankalaev should get back sooner. The champs have more leverage and Ankalaev isn’t ready to fight when the champ is ready to fight so he is going to get passed up.

Why the fuck should a champ wait around for the contender? That’s not how it works.

What was the injury? I haven't heard of this. If he got injured because he decided to stand with Jan for 3 rounds before he remembered he could wrestle that's on him.
Should have won anyway.

The champ doesn't wait on anybody.

Or to speak in your words. If they open up the pussy and Ank can't get hard, somebody else gets the shot.
He deserved it before this. All UFC's base belongs to ankalaev

Should have won anyway.
Alex would destroy him, easily. If he gets the shot ok but I can't wait to hear "Why did this dumbass stand with Alex and not try to grapple?"

Alex would destroy him, easily. If he gets the shot ok but I can't wait to hear "Why did this dumbass stand with Alex and not try to grapple?"
Fight need to happen regardless of result.

We gotta know.

Michel Pereira will be on a 8 fight win streak if he wins on saturday. Let him fight Dricus after that

Fight need to happen regardless of result.

We gotta know.
I'm down to see it just to shut up the haters. The conclusion seems obvious to me though. Magomed has never submitted anyone ever and he has a weakness to leg kicks. He isn't going to LNP Alex for 5 rounds and he's meatheaded enough to try to bang. Nobody has ever said Ankalaev has a great fight IQ.

I do think Jiri is 1 of the best LHWs but he lost to Alex recently, there's no need for such a soon rematch. I also think a devastating KO loss to Alex will be the 1 that destroys Jiri's chin long-term. Jiri should not rush into a Alex rematch. I think Ankalaev makes sense
Either way one will knock out the other. Alex has shown he can be KO'd very, very badly.

Reactions: HHJ
Too soon for a rematch, especially when there are other contenders waiting

All these quick rematches are stalling the division and holding back contenders. I remember when rematches were rare in the UFC, and actually got fans excited because there were compelling storyline and buildup behind them
It would be a great fight but I agree. Alex was having his way with him and Jiri shows no sign of improving. Calf slicer is what led to him panic wrestling.

Back