News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria set for UFC 298 on Feb. 17, location TBD

Who wins?

• Total voters
Yeah, but silk sheets make it hard to get out of bed at 5 a.m. for a run. You never know when a fighter has lost his drive. Look at the Adesanya in the Gastelem fight to his last fight. I'm here to die for this s$%t to, ah...let him take the belt.

Volk doesnt make Izzy money and hes a much better and smarter fighter too. Volk is a family man with a bunch of kids and wife to provide for and a very grounded person. Izzy just got a DUI charge and is a single childless man. They have very different priorities. Volk could slow down soon but nothing of his recent performances suggest that if anything it shows hes only getting better. Volk also doesnt have Izzys kickboxing mileage either.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Movar will be the backup? Him vs. Arnold is on that card and Allen is coming off of a loss.
Yair didn’t really lose much by losing to Max, and I don’t think Allen will either. Even coming off of the loss he’s more deserving of one than Movsar

Can see the UFC giving Paddy a title shot if Ilia wins, just to “settle that rivalry.” Like they’re doing with Chito now

The guy who really pushed a bigger Makhachev vs The guy who resorted to panic wrestling to secure win over Emmet

Yeah, I know who I'd place my bet on. Love Topuria but let's face it, he's not there on that very top level yet.

Cool. Ilya ftw all the way. Thinking he knocks him out in third in a stunner.

Both are damn good with a little different strengths.
Volk is getting older, hurt more often and Ilia has damn good hands with power. He could catch him.
Both got good wrestling, so I think we will mainly see a standup match.
Volk trying to leg tap and use his footwork, while more stationary Ilia will pressure and try to counter.

Also Ilia will look better than ever at 26 and at 35 Volk should be 2% worse than last time.
Ilia would definately beat Volk in 1-2 years, let's see if he can do it now.

Going with Ilia, got a feeling and want to take the underdog.

It's tough to bet against Volk, but if he were to lose a belt I have a feeling it'd be to somebody who is similarly well rounded - like ilia.
My first impression was that Volk is better than Ilia everywhere and it will be a steamroll. But on the other hand, the fact that Ilia can compete with him in every skill and physical attribute makes him more dangerous than anybody else in the division if he puts a good strategy to work. It's going to be a really great fight.

it can go two ways:

volk UD (more likely)

topuria KO in the first two rounds

Wouldn't mind seeing a SW women's title co-main

Volk is the best to ever fight at FW. All you doubters are wrong each and everytime

Topuria dominates you can screen this

This is an intriguing fight because if Volk loses he loses his shot at ever fighting Islam again and it propels Topuria through the roof.
If Volk wins he will move up and vacate but I think they'll make him fight a contender fight first.
Only if he doesn't want a rematch in fw. Volk could get a gimme at LW and do a no. 1 contender fight with Islam for Charles' belt.

Back