News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria set for UFC 298 on Feb. 17, location TBD

Who wins?

• Total voters
The belt ain't going nowhere!

mma-ufc-290-volkanovski-1031572012-scaled.png

I'm not feeling this fight at all. Ilia has 0 chance in this one. Only guy that would have any shot at 45 would be the recent version of Max that we've seen, he looked absolutely sensational and revitalized against Arnold and Zombie. If it were up to me I would do Volk vs Max 4 and then have Volk go up to 55 to settle things with islam

I'm not feeling this fight at all. Ilia has 0 chance in this one. Only guy that would have any shot at 45 would be the recent version of Max that we've seen, he looked absolutely sensational and revitalized against Arnold and Zombie. If it were up to me I would do Volk vs Max 4 and then have Volk go up to 55 to settle things with islam

I get what you mean but Volk is gonna be 35 soon, the lighter weight classes aren't friendly to older fighters. One of these days he will show up old and get beat, might not be this fight or the next but if he sticks around it's gonna happen eventually.

Unless Volk has aged overnight at 35, which is possible considering he'll be the only guy at his age to defend his title at the weight class, he should beat Ilia soundly. Volk has superior footwork; mixes up his striking better; can employ a diverse approach, changing levels at any moment; and is one of the smartest, most adaptable fighters we've ever seen with a better gas tank. Ilia can win. It's a fight with four ounce gloves, but I don't think it's likely.

Volk is 35 with 28 pro fights, and maybe looking past Topuria to the Islam rematch

Volk, Rd 3 TKO

hope so
topuria hands look gooood
i find volk boring tbh, but i still root for the guy most times.. just becsuse he seems a genuinely down to earth guy, respectful, frarless. great competitor alex the great is !

Unless Volk has aged overnight at 35, which is possible considering he'll be the only guy at his age to defend his title at the weight class, he should beat Ilia soundly. Volk has superior footwork; mixes up his striking better; can employ a diverse approach, changing levels at any moment; and is one of the smartest, most adaptable fighters we've ever seen with a better gas tank. Ilia can win. It's a fight with four ounce gloves, but I don't think it's likely.

Actually, he hasn't defended the title at 35 sir.

I'm guessing Movar will be the backup? Him vs. Arnold is on that card and Allen is coming off of a loss.
Definitely not lol. You can't be a backup fighter with no top 10 wins and beating Diego Lopes on short notice.

My god man, why do people still wanna see Volk vs Max? Isn't it enough? Let Volk fight different guys lol. You can't just let them fight until Max wins!

I have a bad feeling the Volk era is coming to a close and Illia might be the one to end it. This is a tough matchup for both guys. Hoping Volk gets it done here.
I got so nervous watching Volk fight Yair. It's just when your favorite fighter fights... disgusting feeling, sickening. I'm gonna be so nervous this time around, too. Volk is aging and against a dangerous opponent but I have full faith in Volk. He gets it done inshallah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back