Alexander Volkanovski Plans to Make Ilia Topuria 'Eat Some of His Words' at UFC 298

Winner?

• Volk

Votes: 71 73.2%
  • Topuria

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Slobodan

I could eat?

ed32df82-018d-4d87-980a-648b984d6344.png

200c1b8f-dfa3-49da-92c9-e1b67084eb8d.16
<mma4>

Haha settle down champion he hasn't fought anyone of note yet
I may have embellished a little but its not untrue that this is a very difficult fight for both. I kinda get now that Volk is just as much of a danger to ilia as vice versa but lets not act like Volk is much better on paper. I honestly am getting the Dom vs Cody vibe from this fight. It will probably be decided by who is faster in the fight night. Also as a big Islam fan i often get nervous of a good striker with good graplling defence

I may have embellished a little but its not untrue that this is a very difficult fight for both. I kinda get now that Volk is just as much of a danger to ilia as vice versa but lets not act like Volk is much better on paper. I honestly am getting the Dom vs Cody vibe from this fight. It will probably be decided by who is faster in the fight night. Also as a big Islam fan i often get nervous of a good striker with good graplling defence

On paper, volk is far better. Look the level of comp they're facing and look at their credentials. Ilia's best win is a 38 year old man who had arguably lost his 3 previous fights before facing ilia.

What is the on paper aspect of ilia that you are looking at? On paper he's done nothing much unless you consider achieving a BJJ black belt as extremely meaningful. It's his "off paper" skills that he is showing that is more meaningful. Stats and credentials dont win fights, so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Alex the great…
Defeat the Spanish conquistador and humiliate his arrogance

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpeg
    IMG_3110.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 0
Some of his words, not all of them.
So Volk plans a split decision loss?

Or does he make him eat most of his words, except the rd1 knockout prediction from Topuria?

Was watching soccer the other day and they had a commercial for this crap. They put pineapples and other weird shit on the burgers
That's weird it's pretty much BK with a different name. Got them Whoppers son. I can't remember why they have to do it like that but I did google it in the past

photo1jpg.jpg

Volk is past his prime and is slowing down, he is in real danger in this fight

Looking forward to seeing how Volk bounces back from the Islam set back. Topuria is an intriguing test for it. He's young, fast, and got the kinds of hands and power that force you to be honest, otherwise he can turn your lights out. I think Volk would be wise to mix in a good amount of take downs and work some top position if he's able. Especially as he's aging into that territory where smaller guys tend to start seeing their drop off. Best way to protect an aging chin and reflexes is to work in tight.

Don't wanna be that guy but he just got caught early in his last fight tho

No question, and this upcoming guy is tough. Everyone may not be aware that Volk's last fight was the first one he was truly unprepared for - both physically and mentally.

We definitely will see a completely different fighter in Volk this time - win or lose.​

On paper, volk is far better. Look the level of comp they're facing and look at their credentials. Ilia's best win is a 38 year old man who had arguably lost his 3 previous fights before facing ilia.

What is the on paper aspect of ilia that you are looking at? On paper he's done nothing much unless you consider achieving a BJJ black belt as extremely meaningful. It's his "off paper" skills that he is showing that is more meaningful. Stats and credentials dont win fights, so we'll see how it goes.
By on paper on meant Physical stats. like chin, punching, grappling, power, cardio, agression, Defense(i think when he isnt going donkey kong Top is very defensively sound) AGE(biggest disparity) etc. you are absolutely right in terms of accolades but Top has just started so we dont know how far we can go but lets not act like he didnt tore through anything and everything he faced so far. Bryce mitchell looked very promishing and Emmett fought for interim Championship before him so not exactly a pushover. On paper He has the attitude, the physicality and skills of an All time great like Volk himself. Finny thing is I personally feel like Yair is his worst matchup in the division. and i dont want him to mavo upto 155 ill be sweating bricks if he fought islam

That's weird it's pretty much BK with a different name. Got them Whoppers son. I can't remember why they have to do it like that but I did google it in the past

View attachment 1029236
product-KiwiBurger-mobile.png
That Aussie fast food garbage ain't got shit on the McDs Kiwiburger. Fried egg and pickled beets. Now we're fucking talking

Back