Volkanovski Targets Topuria Rematch in Spain: 'I’m Going to Get That Belt Back'

I feel like it's going to be a sad end of knockouts to Volk at the end of his career. I've seen this pattern too many times.

Topuria...

giphy.gif

Volk needs to learn how to master the middle/close distance, he had to reinvent his footwork; it may be able to do it in a few months but it's highly unlikely.

I have a feeling Volk is going to take aging very well.

I think he needs to take some time off and just relax, mentally and physically. He's been knocked out twice in a row and like they say once it happens you are more likely to get KO'd again. I'd personally love to see Holloway fight Topuria next
Holloway vs Topuria is definitely a banger match up. They match up very well.

Unfortunately Gaethje is going to wreck Holloway, most likely, so I’m not sure we’ll ever see that fight play out.

Maybe we’ll see Yair fight Topuria after he dusts Ortega. Maybe Evloev gets a shot if everyone ranked higher than him are injured/just fought and they need someone to challenge Topuria…

Don't love it, would feel much better if he rested, Topuria defended against someone else and then the rematch.

Nah. I'd prefer a new challenger.

My view is that Topuria is likely to decline a rematch and I expect it to be Topuria vs Holloway in Madrid around September or October, something like that.

Back