Volkanovski Targets Topuria Rematch in Spain: 'I’m Going to Get That Belt Back'

I wouldn't think so. He might have dropped a notch but we're talking losses against Mak and Top... Prolly should see how the next bouts go to really settle perceptions. He likes to stay active so shouldn't be too long before we see.

{<BJPeen}

I , for one , welcome Volk into...

Topuria, probably, but if Volk mixes in takedowns and finds a way to prevent Topuria marching him down then he's got every chance.

Volk needs at least 6-9 months off by which time Topuria should have defended.

I'm not having the 'he's 35 so can't possibly win the belt back' and I'm not keen on the 'Topuria is better everywhere' stuff just because he's a heavy hitter with great boxing.
Volk is all class brother... Hope he comes back better than ever :)

I hope it isn't an immediate rematch. It hardly ever works out for the former champion and it isn't like any controversy happened in the fight. Volk clearly lost, it wasn't a razor thin decision or a draw. Volk should fight AT LEAST one guy before a rematch happens.

I hope it isn't an immediate rematch. It hardly ever works out for the former champion and it isn't like any controversy happened in the fight. Volk clearly lost, it wasn't a razor thin decision or a draw. Volk should fight AT LEAST one guy before a rematch happens.
When is UFC Spain, late this year? Quick turn around fight for Topuria in a few months... and be final form come UFC Spin..

Just... can Volk get back up after the...

if he truly has good people around him, they will not let him rush back in to that octagon. whether he likes it or not, volk just took 2 brutal knock outs in a 4 month span. he really needs to be smart to have any kind of chance at recapturing that belt. and even with plenty rest, unfortunately it's father time's time to shine now. one day you got it and the next you don't

His shitty camp would let him fight again in a month.

Topuria!!!

giphy.gif

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wanna see Volk hang em up, why go on fighting?

Already a FW great, future hall of famer, what else does he need to prove?

Just ride off into the sunset, maybe see if the UFC has a gig for him doing something other than fighting.

When is UFC Spain, late this year? Quick turn around fight for Topuria in a few months... and be final form come UFC Spin..

Just... can Volk get back up after the...

I'd rather he face someone like Emmett first. And that's only after giving his brain a rest following those two KO losses.

Back