Aljo wants all the smoke against Evloev

I think fighters like Evloev only have fans because they're undefeated and seem invincible. As soon as he takes a loss or two, they'll all be gone. Never understood why some people try to hype boring fighters like him. Maybe it's a nationality thing, sure as hell can't be his fighting style.

Do you think they do with Volk what they did with Max? Throw him contenders and let him knock them down?

Max spoiled quite a few contenders in his non-champ era.
They could with evloev, since he’s a decision machine.

The problem is it would be better for topuria to have the opportunity to build his legacy. He needs to be the first guy to beat evloev. Otherwise he could spend the next few fights handing Volk and max’s sloppy thirds

aljo-and-evloev-entertaining-a-future-match-up-at-v0-zloxtuh3ytvc1.jpeg

Aljo moving up a weight class and taking on all the toughest fighters. What the haters got to say now about my boy Aljo?
I think it'd be a grappler's delight. I may be the only person alive that wasn't bored at Aljo's last fight. I was impressed with how dominant he was.

Very obvious between his two callouts that Aljo is specifically trying to fight somebody that grapples and doesn't have much in the way of knockout power.

The problem is it would be better for topuria to have the opportunity to build his legacy. He needs to be the first guy to beat evloev. Otherwise he could spend the next few fights handing Volk and max’s sloppy thirds
I think an issue is, both Max and Volk are probably in a position to either get the next shot or sit until their turn, so Evloev  will have to fight someone (and only one of those two if they choose to accept it) before Topuria can get the chance to take his zero. And will Ev's zero have a better chance of surviving whichever of those two don't get the next shot? Or Aljo?

Two fighters incapable of a finish enter the octagon with title aspirations and one of them will leave being deprived of that dream. Good.

I think an issue is, both Max and Volk are probably in a position to either get the next shot or sit until their turn, so Evloev  will have to fight someone (and only one of those two if they choose to accept it) before Topuria can get the chance to take his zero. And will Ev's zero have a better chance of surviving whichever of those two don't get the next shot? Or Aljo?
It seems like a good problem for the division right now because previously it was stalled by guys like Yair and Ortega being inactive.

Anyway regardless of how we feel, I don’t see the ufc being eager to push either evloev or sterling to a title fight, so they may elect to match them to eliminate one.

Volk has claim to a rematch with topuria, but I think his chin is gone now, so he is stuck going forward. His chin probably doesn’t even recover just because he’s fighting someone else as well. He probably just takes his chances avenging the topuria loss, which means he has to beat him twice without being knocked out… which is probably impossible.

The one coming out best here is Holloway imo, who is still only 32, got a few years left at the top, and can potentially handle all these guys now.

Exactly... They ruined Allen and Yair lost momentum (he got a TS anyways) going against Volk.

I hope they dont make the same mistake for Topuria.

aljo-and-evloev-entertaining-a-future-match-up-at-v0-zloxtuh3ytvc1.jpeg

Aljo moving up a weight class and taking on all the toughest fighters. What the haters got to say now about my boy Aljo?
Sounds like a great matchup. I’d love to see who comes out as the better grappler. I’ve got a feeling Evloev comes out on top, seeing as how he was able to survive any and all sub attempts from Lopes.

Back