Andy Ruiz got paid $6 million as a late replacement. That's better than all UFC Stars except Conor

Tell me what you’d pay fighters as boss and how you’d sell your genius business plan to the owners of the company.

The Top Top Fighters will get paid $15 million +....The Pretty good guys will get paid $1 million-$6million...The fighters who have been fighting for a while but aren't that good will get paid 60k-500k......The new fighters will get paid around 20k......Of course it will all depend on the fighters but these would be the averages

I would follow the DAZN model....So Instead of ESPN + being a paywall to get the privilege of ordering $60 PPVs...ESPN+ would have a UFC package that will include ALL PPVs/EVENTS/etc...it would cost $15-$20.

Lots of Streamers would gladly fork over $15 just because it will be a reliable stream.

Sadly the UFC isn't runned by visionaries like me.

Andy Ruiz is a huge star. He's bigger in Mexico than soccer. You fucking goofball
You disgusting LIAR!! Cain was way more famous than Ruiz(before AJ fight)..

Hell in Mayweather GYM two mexican fighters didn't even knew WHO ANDY RUIZ WAS!!!

@05.20min

When labor wins, it is at the exp3nse if the customer.

Boxing's organization is a corrupt disaster. I prefer the fan friendly monolith that is the UFC. Sorry commies.
Bro, the UFC requires people to spend $5 on ESPN+ in order to buy a $60 PPV.

They are already fucking over the consumer.

I bet you most fighters do not want this stupid system.

High level boxing pays it's main events usually..

UFC doesn't.. but hey at least they give more to this under card guys then what boxing would have gave them.

U Fight Cheap.

High level boxing pays it's main events usually..

UFC doesn't.. but hey at least they give more to this under card guys then what boxing would have gave them.

U Fight Cheap.

a lot of the boxing undercard fighters are not connected to the main event promoter, but fixing this problem would be easy.

but i woulnt do it ... lol ... fuck these undercard fighters

It’s better than conor to Conor only makes like 3 to 5 million per fight that’s by includin ppv and endorsements.

<Dany07>

Univision just reported this.

So a late replacement gets paid better than UFC Stars who are maineventing and hyping the fights for months.

inb4 "but but only the boxing superstars get paid a lot"......Andy Ruiz wasn't a super star....and the UFC would never pay a late replacement who wasnt that famous that much money.

Really puts into perspective UFC pay

Wrong. Andy Ruiz is a big name in Mexico. Everyone was saying this is an easy win for AJ, that's what you heard so you believe it. It looked to me that AJ was tentative because Ruiz is a counter puncher with quick hands. It showed. Although AJ was a huge favorite, don't under estimate a guy that was 31-1 coming into the fight.

Undercard boxers don't make a shit ton just like undercard UFC fighters. The guys that put asses in the seats and sell PPV's get paid, maybe not on the same scale as boxing but it isn't like every boxer is being paid $6M to fight.

The UFC cares about themselves, not the fighters. This has been known for a long time.

The Top Top Fighters will get paid $15 million +....The Pretty good guys will get paid $1 million-$6million...The fighters who have been fighting for a while but aren't that good will get paid 60k-500k......The new fighters will get paid around 20k......Of course it will all depend on the fighters but these would be the averages

I would follow the DAZN model....So Instead of ESPN + being a paywall to get the privilege of ordering $60 PPVs...ESPN+ would have a UFC package that will include ALL PPVs/EVENTS/etc...it would cost $15-$20.

Lots of Streamers would gladly fork over $15 just because it will be a reliable stream.

Sadly the UFC isn't runned by visionaries like me.
And what do your owners get in return for paying 2-10x market rate.

<Dany07>

Univision just reported this.

So a late replacement gets paid better than UFC Stars who are maineventing and hyping the fights for months.

inb4 "but but only the boxing superstars get paid a lot"......Andy Ruiz wasn't a super star....and the UFC would never pay a late replacement who wasnt that famous that much money.

Really puts into perspective UFC pay
The average under card UFC fighter made $138,250 in 2017. It has gone up substantially since to fight for 15 minutes between 1-3 times in a year depending who you are in the sport.
More UFC fighters earning six-figure salaries today than there was 10 years ago.

UFC champions (including interim) in 2018, earned an average of $783,400 not including bonus's and thats in 1 fight between 1 minute of fight time to 25 minutes depending on outcome.

I think UFC (MMA) is growing much faster than those give it credit for.
Which means it is where it should be at this point in time. As a young sport.
UFC hasnt been around for over 400 years like boxing. Thats first thing to look at.

UFC is new yet and still not completely considered "accepted" as a legit sport being it just made it to ESPN where sports reside for God sakes. So still by the older demographic boxing is their past time. MMA mostly appealing to the younger fan right now that will grow in many years just as boxing had.

Most of the boxers that make enormous paydays are main event fighters and big names. Which in boxing isnt easy to reach the pinnacle. If you do you are a special boxer.
A pro-boxer fighting 12 times a year could make roughly $2,000 per 10 rounds boxed, or $24,000 at $200 per round. Taking far more damage (head trauma) than the average mma fighter by theory.

The average under card UFC fighter made $138,250 in 2017. It has gone up substantially since to fight for 15 minutes between 1-3 times in a year depending who you are in the sport.
More UFC fighters earning six-figure salaries today than there was 10 years ago.

UFC champions (including interim) in 2018, earned an average of $783,400 not including bonus's and thats in 1 fight between 1 minute of fight time to 25 minutes depending on outcome.

I think UFC (MMA) is growing much faster than those give it credit for.
Which means it is where it should be at this point in time. As a young sport.
UFC hasnt been around for over 400 years like boxing. Thats first thing to look at.

UFC is new yet and still not completely considered "accepted" as a legit sport being it just made it to ESPN where sports reside for God sakes. So still by the older demographic boxing is their past time. MMA mostly appealing to the younger fan right now that will grow in many years just as boxing had.

Most of the boxers that make enormous paydays are main event fighters and big names. Which in boxing isnt easy to reach the pinnacle. If you do you are a special boxer.
A pro-boxer fighting 12 times a year could make roughly $2,000 per 10 rounds boxed, or $24,000 at $200 per round. Taking far more damage (head trauma) than the average mma fighter by theory.

shit post.

so much wrong.

<36>

ps: UFC is the premium league, but low level, mid level and elite level money is still shit.

Wrong. Andy Ruiz is a big name in Mexico. Everyone was saying this is an easy win for AJ, that's what you heard so you believe it. It looked to me that AJ was tentative because Ruiz is a counter puncher with quick hands. It showed. Although AJ was a huge favorite, don't under estimate a guy that was 31-1 coming into the fight.

Undercard boxers don't make a shit ton just like undercard UFC fighters. The guys that put asses in the seats and sell PPV's get paid, maybe not on the same scale as boxing but it isn't like every boxer is being paid $6M to fight.

The UFC cares about themselves, not the fighters. This has been known for a long time.

a lot of the boxing undercard fighters are not connected to the main event promoter, but fixing this problem would be easy.

but why should they do this?

Back